WAG Floor routine 'dismount' question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
On floor, is the dismount classified as the last element performed or the last salto performed?

Just choreographing a new floor routine and this has totally escaped my memory!
It is because at certain levels here it is the last acro element, regardless of whether there is a jump or leap after it, so FIG rules have got all confused in my mind!

My gymnast has to do a dismount of an A, B or C salto. She is most likely finishing with a tuck back, so just the A for her, but what if she does a leap out of it? Does that void the dismount, or is it literally the final salto performed?

Here, under FIG, it is the last acrobatic element performed, Whether in a line or alone.

The leap would count as a dance element here, not an acro element.

Thanks Bog, but I'm being a bit fuzzy headed today, so does that mean the tuck back would still count as the dismount, even if she did the leap afterwards? Does the salto have to be the final element performed to count as dismount?

The BT needs to be the final acro element, either alone or in a tumbling line. The leap would not be considered an acro element. Therefore having the leap after the BT means nothing in terms of the dismount value.

So if she did ro bhs bt split leap, the BT would would be the final acro element.

Though I think in some systems they do count leaps and jumps as acro elements. We only consider them dance elements. But bear in mind this is how we use FIG here, I am assuming as your system is also FIG based it will be the same.

It gets so confusing doesn't it?

Thanks again! That makes sense! I was just getting confused! Yes we use FIG here so the leap would be dance. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing the gymnast out of her Compositional Requirements by putting a leap at the end of her routine!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back