WAG Floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amgymnast618

Coach
Gymnast
I got a new floor routine last year, and I really don't like it. I want to get a new floor routine, and the coach I want to do it with isn't my main coach(she coaches me once a week and I've known her since I was little), but I'm afraid to tell my main coach because she choreographed my previous one. Should I get the new routine? By the way I've told the other coach I want a new routine we just haven't set up a time yet

Since you're posting here, you're older than 13. That is old enough to be having a mature conversation about your routine with your coach. The coach you want to choreograph your new routine already knows about your wishes, and should be able to help you tactfully approach the head coach and ask about creating a new one.

My daughter just re-did a new floor routine this weekend, even though most of her gym keeps their routines for two years. Her old routine was fine. She was actually state floor champion last year with that routine, and it was easily up-gradable to her new level. But she fell in love with new music.

In talking to her coach/choreographer, she said the girls always do better with a routine they love. So, she is always willing to re-choreograph new music, or switch up routines. After all, the gymnast is the one who has to sell it, and it is much easier to perform when you love the music and the routine.

You need to talk to your main coach. It doesn't have to be a hard conversation. Just let her know that you fell in love with a new piece of music and you have already approached Coach X to choreograph it for you. Difficult conversations are much easier when you approach them directly and respectfully.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back