Front to back suggestions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

Peppermint

Dd is working on front to backs and is confused how to "clean" it up. She is powerful and says she finds it hard to change direction without pulling up or jamming to a stop which leaves her feeling a bit sore. This is part of her up training for summer and she wants to nail it to make sure she will be able to do it for optionals fx. She's a bit obsessed right now.

??? whip backs to punch front? front tucks immediate back tucks on beam??

She is practicing for floor right now. So a typical drill is front tuck, robhs, back tuck rebound step back towards the direction she just came from split leap. It sounds like she is doing a tumbling pass into a corner and then is rebounding back towards the opposite corner with a skill. The transition when she moves into the opposite direction has her knees sore. When she shows me on the tramp it doesn't look she is twisting more like she pulls up the landing and then needs to change her forward momentum quickly. She loves doing them so she doesn't want to complain to her coach. She calls them front to backs but maybe that isn't a typical term.

I'm still trying to get a mental picture as to why you would want to try a bhs out of a front tuck on floor. Most of the front/back connections I've seen are back to front. i.e. Back full to punch front pike. It just seems like it would torture the knees to try to rebound a back handspring out of a front tuck. What level is she doing this for or are they just trying to figure out what to put on a beam later?

She is practicing for floor right now. So a typical drill is front tuck, robhs, back tuck rebound step back towards the direction she just came from split leap. It sounds like she is doing a tumbling pass into a corner and then is rebounding back towards the opposite corner with a skill. The transition when she moves into the opposite direction has her knees sore. When she shows me on the tramp it doesn't look she is twisting more like she pulls up the landing and then needs to change her forward momentum quickly. She loves doing them so she doesn't want to complain to her coach. She calls them front to backs but maybe that isn't a typical term.

me confused too!

do you mean: front tuck step out>round off> back handspring>tuck back immediate rebound>then split leap?

me confused too!

do you mean: front tuck step out>round off> back handspring>tuck back immediate rebound>then split leap?

I think this is what she is doing. CoachTodd, I'm pretty sure its for a floor routine - she is training level 7 and that would be pretty amazing for her beam. : )

She said her knees felt better today. Maybe just getting used to momentum shift? I will get to see her on Friday for a bit so if I can post video it may clarify where she is jamming up.

yes, post it up. although she may be doing nothing wrong. change of direction tumbling hurts the body and takes getting used to.

I am still working on video for this. She had back to back meets so they were focusing on L6 stuff last week and am still recovering from sitting in the bleachers for 12 hours to even think of stopping by a practice. Hopefully next week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back