MAG Fun Meet today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
D has the fun meet this weekend. He is in the last session, which is always so hard. This one has a costume contest as a big part of the meet. The boys have been planning for over a week :) They have won the costume contest every year :)

Plus, the optionals play around a bit at this meet. Kind of nice to have that break in the middle. They will play jokes during their floor routine, and try new skills during others. The compulsaries not so much, although they may do silly things like brightly colored socks or funny hair.

I don't get to go :( I have to work bingo tonight, but his dad gets to go and see the big boys compete too. Should be a fun day for them!

Wish we could have gone to this meet! I loved seeing the boys, coaches and judges having fun and being silly! It's just so cool to have a meet where everything doesn't have to be so serious. Can't wait to hear how it went!

D had had a rough week at practice, not real focused, etc. The meet started the same. off balance on pommel and floor, fell on ps, lots of steps on HB (highlight...he stuck his vault). lowest aa of the season. But I am guessing the judges were being really tough, because he won his age group. The costumes were great. Our boys won level5, so we were pretty sure the older guys wouldn't win (usually only 1 trophy per team). They had a great time!

Sounds like fun! Their all going to have an off day at some point- hopefully he bounces back. And great job on the vault stick, I love to watch the Level 6's go over the table.

Thanks. It is hard to watch them have a bad meet (or hear about it via text in my case! LOL!) He banged his elbow on PB so was crying the whole routine. Not a fan of the crying, but where he hit it would have stung. We have 2 weeks now before the next meet.

Maybe another thread post, but I will post it here. The past 2 weeks he jsut seems tired all the time. NOt eating or sleeping like normal, but not sick. Anyone ever had a boy do this? I am a little concerned, not overly, but it is affecting is emotional stuff (crying easily). I try to get him to take a day off from gym, but most of you probably know how that goes over. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Yeah. maybe. I was just surprised that his eating had slowed down! LOL!

Maybe his body is fighting off a bug and he's just tired. I can see sickness coming days before they show any symptoms because they start to get crankier than normal and not very focused on things they normally would be focused on. My dd actually gets more spazzy a few days before she comes down with a bad cold or something. It might do his body good to make him take a day off this week, since he doesn't have a meet this weekend.

I'd not be surprised either if it turned out to be a low-grade bug. I've watched mine go through their share of tough meets and it is never fun! But hopefully he can rest up and kick whatever's knocking him back over the next week and a half. All good thoughts!

Well, it finally caught up. He was in bed by 7:30 not feeling well. Not sure what the bug is yet, but we should know by tomorrow. Thank goodness he has the weekend off!

Bummer! I'm sorry to hear that he's sick, but glad he'll have the weekend to rest. I hope he gets to feeling better very soon!

Aww I hope he feels better soon. My youngest came down sick and was thrown totally off like your boy. He seemed to improve, but the morning of a meet out of town he woke up screaming that his ear hurt. He still competed but fell on several events that day. He's all better now, but he is still not where he was before getting sick.

Thanks guys. Judging by the back fulls, back flip 1 1/2 twists, standing back fulls, front fulls on the tramp, and handstands, he is feeling better today. I keep telling him to slow down. He is reading now. Sheesh. boys...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back