Parents Gamecock Invitational L4 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
:DFirst, I met JuJu's mom...only for a minute...but I saw her little SUPERSTAR:D compete and she did awesome! Her team also beat out our team for first place...:cool::DI also heard that Claire was there but did not get to meet her...too much chasing of my other two, scoring, and videoing to do. Hope y'all had fun! It was a good meet with the exception of the door police making us get rid of all our food and drinks (gymnasts were only allowed one bottle of water...no food! ridiculous!)

My older DD had a good, but frustrating meet. She was in a super competitive age group (has been all year) and she's starting to get a little frustrated with 4th place and lower finishes when she's putting up decent scores. I'm trying to find the right words to say to a little girl who expects high things of herself and does well but not well enough for her taste. :rolleyes: Anyway...

First up, bars, her "best" event although I watched her fall ALL WEEK in practice on her shoot through. She does a good routine, takes a step pn the landing, and gets 9.40 for 4th place.

Second, beam...she is coming into her own here. I am super proud! Good routine, pretty sharp and quickly paced, I am impressed! She scored a 9.2, good for...yes...4th place!

Third is floor...oh, floor, how I love and hate floor. She is really pretty good on the little things in the routine but her RO BHS is always a little scary. It can be good...or REALLY bad! (see thread from 3 weeks ago!) She does a good one today!!! She gets a 9.075, good for 7th place.

Last is vault, just not her thing. She does ok. Looks ok to me. I don't get vault at all. In fact I am so sick of watching the L4 vault that I could puke. Anyway, she gets a 8.875. Very tough scoring on vault overall here. This put her in 5th place. (1st place was a 9.150!!:eek:)

AA is 36.5 and 5th place. Really, a great score and nothing to be sad about but she was sad that she did not get to stand "on the box...even once!". Ahh, but that's another thread. I am super proud of her. I think she is doing awesome...boxes or not!

The video is up...I had to cover embarrassing screaming with some music so you don't really get the full effect of the announcements in the dark at the beginning (still learning my video editing!:eek:) BUT I did get all FOUR events INCLUDING my child actually performing a RO BHS without falling! YAY!
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRQRsWell8

1 more big meet this weekend, then states, then good bye to L4! She is excited and nervous about L5. They don't uptrain much at all so she is going to have LOTS to learn very soon!

Thanks for reading!

She did an awesome job! Tell her not to get frustrated on the placements in Level 4. Her routines are beautiful. My DD was also in the tough L4 age group last. She placed about the same as your DD, but this year as a L5 it has all come together.

Thanks. She did some nice routines...definitely keeps improving!:)
She turned 9 in December. Our "young" 9 year old age group seems to be VERY competitive this year. Her teammate who is 2 months older and in the "old" 9's scored the same AA and got 2 golds and 2 silvers!!!!

She did an awesome job! Tell her not to get frustrated on the placements in Level 4. Her routines are beautiful. My DD was also in the tough L4 age group last. She placed about the same as your DD, but this year as a L5 it has all come together.

Thanks Kiki. I will share that with her. I hope she does well in L5 and just keeps on keepin' on and doesn't worry so much about placements!;) I thought she'd be really happy after the meet and I was happy FOR her...but she was disappointed. Ah, well!

:DFirst, I met JuJu's mom...only for a minute...but I saw her little SUPERSTAR:D compete and she did awesome!

Awwww... Thank you! Not her best meet but definitely MUCH better then GatlinBAD - LOL

Wish we could have visited but it was great getting to put a face with the name.

FYI - Found out that Lil is slated to be in the Saturday 8AM session for State, let me know once you find out which group M will be in. I think she will be in the session after Lil's or maybe the last one on Saturday. We will probably hang around the whole day to stay for team awards if our girls are bringing in some decent scores.

Her team also beat out our team for first place...:cool::D

Sorry... but of course, not really ;)

...with the exception of the door police making us get rid of all our food and drinks (gymnasts were only allowed one bottle of water...no food! ridiculous!)

You are too funny! I am so glad I knew about the bans ahead of time. They should have posted that on the website or something. I was not too annoyed until I went to get a drink and they had no sports drinks (only soda or water). I was not happy leaving with a water that cost $3.25. That is freakin' insane!

Ok - now on to Madi - she did great! I think I saw just about all of each of her routines. It was nice that she and Claire's DD were in the opposite flight to Juju so I was able to watch ya'lls girls. Claire did end up sitting with us so it was nice to get to know her a bit. It is a little hard though with both flights running with no formal rotations or anything. I would have liked to been able to chat more and watch less - LOL.

It is rough with the age groups... kind of crazy that the youngest 4 out of the 6 total age groups were all scoring in the 37's for the top places. That makes it so hard on the girls that are scoring really well and doing better & better each meet but just don't see the results during awards. Tell her to keep working hard with her head up high! The hard work WILL pay off!

Good luck this weekend! I am so glad we have a meet-free weekend. I am so ready for this season to be over and move onto up-training!

Hope to see you and get to visit at State's!

FYI - Found out that Lil is slated to be in the Saturday 8AM session for State, let me know once you find out which group M will be in.

Madi is in the session right after you. 12:00. Our coach asked us to stay for team awards at the end of the day...she thinks we'll be competing with y'all for 1st place!:D:D:D:eek:;)
So, hopefully I will see you again and we can chat for a bit. I hear that the gym is a small one and things can get really crowded there, so hopefully it won't be too bad and we will feel like chatting and not running out of there screaming!! I am sure we will cross paths, I will probably see JuJu and her curls up there on the podium! Hope so!:D
Thanks for the kind words. She is definitely learning some good lessons about not always winning:eek: and about having to work VERY hard.

Wow she did really well sometimes those placements just amaze me 9.4 was 4th place. I think my daughter is getting used to it though even though she placed in her meet this past weekend her score was not as high as it was at her last meet. I think she has finally just got the attitude if she places that is good but she tries to improve her scores for herself not just for the awards.

Wow, I thought Emily had a great meet! All her routines look really nice and polished and she is presenting beautifully! The competition is just really tough in her age group, I am sure. Can't believe she was only 5th with her great AA score. Good luck at States and have fun training for L5!

Yes, I was at Gamecock with JuJu's mom! It was so great to meet her and so nice to have someone to sit with. I hate that I missed meeting you. I think you came over when we were meeting up with my daughter's coaches. We are going to Charleston Cup this weekend. Are you going to be there?

I think your daughter is very talented. She did a great job! :)

We are going to Charleston Cup this weekend. Are you going to be there?

I think your daughter is very talented. She did a great job! :)

Thanks, Claire! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. Things are so crazy at meets!

We will be at Charleston Cup. My DD is in the Sunday noon session!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back