MAG Good boys' programs in NY and Connecticut?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Anybody from around the greater NYC area? Or anyody who knows the area? What are the good, solid, reliable programs around here? Still trying to figure out my L5-to-be 9-year old son's next season which has to be in a new gym. :( Thank you for any ideas, recommendations.

We compete in CT and MA (we rarely see NY teams because they are a different region than CT).
Kennett's is the only NY team I know. The mom that I met from Kennett's seemed really nice and the boys did very well.

Do you live in NY or CT? I am more familiar with CT gyms...
Next Dimensions in Trumbull, CT has a strong team. (The Lakewood/Trumbull YMCA has a team, too).
Vasi's in Newtown.
New Era in Hamden.
I haven't visited any of those gyms personally, I just know them from seeing their boys compete.

Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to drive... there are other options. When we were looking at gyms we really liked the coaches and facilities at American (Plantsville, CT) but that is probably too far for you to drive.

The Region 6 website has a nice listing of all CT gyms.
Region 6 Mens Gymnastics - connecticut clubs

There are several good boys' programs in the greater NYC area. World Cup and US Gymnastics Development Center stand out for me particularly.

I'd recommend looking at state meet results for NY/CT/NJ and seeing which gyms have boys sprinkled through from compulsories up to higher optional levels.

Thank you for your replies. We live in Connecticut, but right on the New York border. My son competed in Connecticut this season as a Level 4. Would have liked to stay in the state, but looks like New York's World Cup seems to be the closest 'good' gym to us. We looked into American, too, but it just seems to be very far from us. Thank you again for your responses,

i'd say the best men's gymnastics programs in the area are: World Cup Gymnastics, U.S. Gymnastics Development Center II, Hotshots Gymnastics, Monmouth Gymnastics, Chelsea Piers, and World Class Gymnastics. There are not any stand-out gyms in connecticut

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back