Parents Great news about my twinnies!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Guess what??!!!!
We tried a new gym this afternoon and they accepted BOTH my girls onto their team. Woohoo!!!!!!
My sweet girls could not be more excited. They even practice at the same time. It could not be more perfect.
I'm extremely sad to leave our other wonderful gym. But everything about the new place was such a better fit for us. It's a much smaller gym and team which I think will be better for us.
They were thrilled we came to them and I'm thrilled I found them. Win win. ;)
Again I say thank you SOO much to everyone who responded to my original post. I don't think I would have made this move without your positive responses and encouragement. So thank you!!!!
I'm soooo excited.
Yay gymnastics!!! ;)

Congrats!

There are many benefits to being on a small team...more time with coaches and more individual attention. Sometimes at meets it can be daunting when other gyms have 25+ Level 4's, but it's okay. We love our small team...I hope you do too!

I always wonder how people with twins on team afford it....

Well, I guess they can share a bed when you travel, they can share the leotard, they can share the tuition...

I'm JOKING. :) I've seen twindom very close up. It's good not to be treated as though you're the one person. :)

As for the expense, yep, I can't imagine that either.

And to Sunshine27, that's great news! :)

Thanks so much everyone!! We are very excited.
As far as paying for twins on team I suppose we do have to make some sacrifices (less vacations ect) to make it work out. But so worth it if both my girls are happy and excited to be competing.

Its not easy. I didn't have twins but I did have 2 kids on team until about 4 years ago when my son started coaching instead of competing. so now I just have my DD. How did we afford it? Well Grandma was great and paid for any away costs (hotels etc) but the monthly bills were up at the $1000 a month. So you give up the things you really don't need like the full package of cable and go with the basic package, no expensive cell phone plan but a simple plan that just does phone calls, usuallly no big vacations and more weekend trips to camp grounds with tents (kids loved that) or vacations where you can bunk in with family. Cut back on just about everythings so basic plans for just about every bill out there. cut back on groceries so the snacks and fun foods are gone (of course that also ment I lost 30 lbs LOL so that is a win win) A 2nd job where I can work from home helped too.

Basicly you do what you have to do to get the money for it or the kids have to stop doing it. It's amazing what you can do with out when you need to pay that bill every month. Those "Oh I just have to have that" really isn't a NEED to have it but more of a "I really really really want it and don't want to give it up" items and for my kids we sacraficed in many areas that I didn't think we could do without but in the end we did without and somehow lived. WE went with what we could afford as opposed to what we wished we could have. And tried to pay everything in cash. Not easy but when you change how you think about buying things it can be done.

@ Amusibus, It can get crazy expensive sometimes, especially during meet season between double tuition, double meet fees, double coaches fees, travel, etc. But, as long as both of my girls love it and are passionate about the sport, we will keep the wallet open. LOL
Good luck to your girls sunshine27!

That's great news for your girls and your family! (But not your wallet). Hope they both LOVE the team! Have fun! (and save those pennies)

Great post by GymBee97. I always cringe for the parents of multiples on our team because it is so expensive with just one kid and they are paying DOUBLE! One mom in particular has a weary air about her credit card when she hands it over with a sigh. I just feel so bad for her and for the other. We have a couple of parents with two on team and a third in rec. I just don't know how they do it!

We sacrifice some but we can still cut back more for when things get more expensive. We don't have a new car so it's nice not to have a car payment. I'd love new furniture but I make due with my spilled on couch. We have basic cable but are never home to watch TV so I could cut back there. We eat out more than we should so that's an area we can cut in the future. I also work a second job but it's at the gym so it's very convenient and help offset tuition although not meet expenses and all the other related expenses.

But yes, it's just going to keep getting more expensive and then with having them both on team..... wowza! However, I can tell how happy you are about having them BOTH on team and I'm just so happy for your little one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back