Parents Gym branded clothing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello all! I was hoping to get some input on what may be the norm in regards to gym branded clothing. Here's were we are at for the kiddos-team leo and warm up. Once a year prior to our meet we host the parents can buy a shirt to wear if they are volunteering to work. Little bit has a friend at another gym that can buy (and parents have bought) all sorts of team paraphernalia. I certainly don't want to outfit the child in hundreds of dollars of gym clothing...this sport is expensive enough. But a hoodie or a t-shirt with her gym name that she can wear to school or out and about seems ok.

Some other parents have mentioned going in together to have something made up for the girls. The gym is ok with us using the team name for this...they just want to see it (whatever we decide) prior to production. My question for you all is what kind of items does your gym sell/order in this regard. Any recommendations on what to stay a way from?

Our gym sells branded tees and hoodies, sometimes warmup pants. These are in our pro shop and available for anyone to buy, and designs change every so often.

DDs' gym sells tshirts, hoodies, and non-team leos with the logo. Parents often buy the tshirts for meets.

We sell "bling" T-shirts and hooded sweat shirts with team logo in rhinestones. Girls can get their names on them written in rhinestones. Parents can get "so and so's mom" written on theirs to advertise who their child is.

Our gym also has tshirts and hoodies with the gym name on them, and we also have a wall up of leos and shorts for sale. But the leos don't have logos on them though I wouldn't be surprised if we see that sometime soon.

If a parent wants a team shirt at our gym, It takes less than a week to get one with "Gymnast's Mom" or whatever on the back... and they can pick the color.

HC gave me the logo so I could make a shirt to blend in with the other coaches (The shirts provided don't come in my size and there is a place in my town that will let me bring in my own shirt - even just one at a time- and they will put the logo on it for $3-4).

She has also said that others can get them to... they go through me since the shop is in my town and they don't live here.

The only other time we get anything with our team on it is for Nationals... and those are basically the same as my shirt, but with the location and date of Nationals added at the bottom :)

Speaking of which, lol, I need to contact the parent in charge to see what color they are doing so I can buy my own shirt to get done :)

We do an order 2x a year. I work with a local printer and they make up an order form with pics of the items. We offer t-shirts, sweat pants, yoga pants, fleeces, string back packs, etc. The printer has always been helpful with selecting items that are of good quality and at a good price. I would check with local printers in your area before resorting to a website. Always nice to keep your $ local when possible, and then you have a connection with them for other events. The printer I used ended up being one of the major sponsors of our home meet this year, so it's definitely a win-win!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back