Off Topic Gym staff, parents and Facebook

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
^^agreed Sasha and not only do I hide posts, but I take full advantage of the block and unfollow features, I tend to "unfollow" the over indulgent mommy-braggers and I've made a very small "close friend" group where I place most of my posts, they're the people who actually care about my life.... It's about 20 people, not 500. Lol!

There are parents at the gym who don't even participate on FB. I think they're smart and I have followed their lead and left the gym FB group altogether. When my dd is older and shows interest she can become a member. It's her group, and her coaches, anyway.

Our gym FB/team FB is how information is disseminated. That is how we knew the gym was closed today. But I do get what you are saying!

At my gym we have a fb page for the gym. I am also a junior coach so it's great for getting information. Most parents are friends with hc on fb and she doesn't have any problem with it. I find that the fb page is really useful because all the coaches can keep in contact easily. In saying that our gym is very small and friendly. If the gym was more competitive it might be a different story.

I set up a FB for our boys' team. It's become a really useful communication device. Our assistant coach is now a member.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back