Off Topic Halloween

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your gym close on Halloween? How about other evening kids activities near you? Ours stayed open one year and not a single person showed up so now they close. I think that’s best. Kids should be trick or treating in Halloween!

Wow, really no one showed up? Our gym was open, Halloween is starting to become a thing in Australia. But most people do not participate.

Numbers were down a little in classes, but only a little.

Both gyms I have worked at stayed open, but numbers were super low and we often combined classes, especially so the coaches who had kids could leave and be with their families.

Historically, our gym canceled evening programming and let team practices out by 5:00pm but this year they closed the gym completely and I was super happy! Kids need to be kids without feeling like they will upset parents or coaches. It was such a kid friendly decision.

Our gym closed this year. (Not sure about previous years cuz its a new gym). If there was practice, I probably would've gone... maybeee leave by 7:40 or so. I am older than most kids though so thats why but it was probably a good decision for kids to go trick or treating

Our gym has been closed the last few years on Halloween for both team and rec practices. Before COVID all activities ended at 6pm.

We have an early class and a later class for preteam - we canceled the later one for trick or treating but still ran the earlier one - 2/10 showed up. lots of tramp time :D

Our gym stayed open, but halloween is not much of a thing in New Zealand anyway. I didn't see any noticeable reduction in numberss. The gym closes for public holidays and summer holidays only

Stays open, encourages kids to dress up safely for training. Some years they do trick-for-treat where the kids play training games to win lollies.

It wasn’t a training day for my daughter so I don’t know what numbers were like this year.

It is the middle of school exam season here, so lots of high schoolers - even 12-14 year olds who would otherwise trick or treat, weren’t out on Tuesday night anyway - my daughter had two yearly exams on Wednesday and wasn’t doing anything but hitting the books.

Halloween has gone from absolutely not a thing 20 years ago, to a niche thing 10 years ago, to absolutely huge here.

By the way, we did have a halloween themed practice before halloween - dressed up, tooks pics, had a catwalk. Changed back to training clothes (leos) and played some fun skill based games

Most of the trick or treating is on the weekend by us... so we stay open. About 75% of the kids are there.

Most of the trick or treating is on the weekend by us... so we stay open. About 75% of the kids are there.
That's how it was for us. They would oublish the day and time in the newspaper, but it was always a weekend. When I moved to another state, people acted like I was very silly for asking when trick or treat happens here.

Our gym was open for Halloween 1 year since I have been involved. Some towns were doing trick-or-treat then, but others did it the Saturday or Sunday before.
My hometown (not where I live) did theirs on the Saturday from 4-6 pm and the other town I grew up in was doing it from 6-8 pm. We took the girls to both. They were dressed as gymnasts (wearing warm-ups). Both OG and YG were in old warm-ups I bought from the gym for $5 combined. They were both Child Mediums. The girls looked so cute in them. Since my hometown is small, we were done in less than 2 hours and had time to drive the 8 miles to the next town just in time for it to start there. We took the same route my siblings and I had taken as kids. They had enough candy to not care about going out again, so thy went to gym that Monday. They were 2 of 8 girls that came. We basically had open gym that day.
Haven't been open on Halloween since.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back