Parents Happy happy happy news

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Haismom

Proud Parent
So tonight while having a last minute private, the coach had a cancellation and we had a little over 30 minutes to get to the gym...
We were talking and our xcel gym may be switching back to JO... Yay happy me, but even happier, my dd who is supposed to be joining the bronze team, well she isn't, she is being put on the silver team

Dramatic pause for proud momma, huge cheesy smile time...

So if they do go to JO she will be in the 4/5 group training this summer the coach tonight said she is only missing her non-spotted back handspring, and her front hip circle... But we have all summer...

Such a proud mommy moment, I got some great video tonight of her vaulting over a resi, first time she vaulted without a flat back element...

I knew you all would understand... None of my other friends get how proud I am of her...

Congratulations!!!

I knew you all would understand... None of my other friends get how proud I am of her...

It IS funny how it takes a gym mommy to totally get it :)
(like when I wanted to drop to my knees in tears over ANOTHER rip that will put DD further back from getting her kip, and causing even MORE frustration. My friends are like "Oh, she has a boo-boo?" Not quite... LOL!)

She is going to be learning her kip starting tomorrow, and she is sooo close to her back handspring, it's frustrating, for all of us, (coach, her and me too)
It's a fear thing, but I think once she realizes that her new vault is basically a handspring, it will click..
I was told she will be with the silver girls, the decision to switch to JO has not been official yet, so I am not going to speculate yet... She was taught the level 6, beam dismount last night and picked it up quick, did it twice with a good stick...

Congratulations.

In our gym, she would be placed on excel bronze or the L3 preteam with the skills she is working on. Unfortunately, a FHS over the vault and a BHS on the floor have not translated one to the other for my DD.

The front hip circle and BHS are L3 competition skills, not L4/L5. My DD competed L3 last season and is repeating, although they do spend the summer uptraining. I honestly am happy because it will give her the opportunity to be competitive in L3 (it is common in our region for girls to repeat compulsory levels) and not chasing the L4 skills in the early season. Some girls are really talented and will move through the L3 and become competent in L4 skills all over a few months, but I am glad our coaches did not push my DD like that.

All the best to her to get the L3 and L4/L5 skills.

I bet coach is still using the old levels names as they haven't been doing them since they changed. That would make sense then. Old level 4 new level 3 has ROBHS and handspring vault and old level 6 has set beam dismount .
Sounds like she is off to a great start. Well done !

That's my feeling, that since the coach is younger, I am sure she is still learning, she just finished college, so she is not familiar with all the changes...

As for me I am still learning too...

First - that's awesome that your DD is getting to uptrain the skills she will need. You SHOULD have a happy grin! And so should your DD!

Second - what was the beam dismount she was working on? Side handstand, twist off?

Third - L3 vault is handstand, block, flat back landing. L4 vault is FHS over the table. Seems to be a bit of confusion there.

The beam dismount she was just taught was handstand, pick up hand turn sideways, then turn sideways and snap down...
Her vault is front handspring over vault, but. My DD insists it's a handstand over the vault table, she still doesn't see it as a handspring... Lol have to video it for her

The beam dismount she was just taught was handstand, pick up hand turn sideways, then turn sideways and snap down...
Her vault is front handspring over vault, but. My DD insists it's a handstand over the vault table, she still doesn't see it as a handspring... Lol have to video it for her
Lol, that dismount is no longer used in the Compulsory levels. I hope that if they DO decide to go back to JO that they find out the "new" skills and routines b4 they try to teach the gymnasts.

Yes. This whole description of routines confuses me. That beam dismount was the old old level 6 dismount (new level 5 only had the 1 turn). ROBHS is in Level 3. Handspring Vault is Level 4 and 5. I don't even think front hip circle goes past Level 3.

This is just a mishmash of skills from various levels.

Congrats to your DD. I think you need some clarification of the level though.

Yes. This whole description of routines confuses me. That beam dismount was the old old level 6 dismount (new level 5 only had the 1 turn). ROBHS is in Level 3. Handspring Vault is Level 4 and 5. I don't even think front hip circle goes past Level 3.

This is just a mishmash of skills from various levels.

Congrats to your DD. I think you need some clarification of the level though.
Her gym hasn't competed JO in a while... she was being given pre-change level numbers. When she said 4/5, they meant 3/4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back