hi from a newbie!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I'm 21 and recently just started gymnastics. I had some free time this summer and thought gymnastics would be a fun, new, challenging workout. I've danced since I was 2 years old and am hoping gymnastics helps with upper body strength that is somewhat lacking in dance training. I'm currently trying to get my fhs and bhs. My goal over the next couple weeks is to be able to do a handstand forward roll on my own w/out a spot (right now when I try to do it on my own I usually freak out when I feel myself going backwards and fall out of the handstand or on my back). I also really want to learn front and back walkovers, but my gym doesn't include those as skills to learn. I'm really loving gymnastics so far, though!!!

Great to see another adult gymnast here! I can do handstand forward roll, but not fhs and bhs, I'd love to be able to do those.

I think my dance training has helped me out a bit. I went into my beginner class already having good flexibility and body awareness. I have some issues with fear of new skills, though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back