Home from the Ranch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD and a variety of her team mates from Levels 5 - 7 were at the National Women's Training Center this past weekend. The ladies flew out Thursday arriving in time for dinner than orientation. They were there for a JO Compulsary Clinic for 2 1/2 days. On Thursday night they had orientation, they met Tom Koll, who is the voice on the cumpolsary music. I believe he is also the Chairman of the JO Program. On Friday and Saturday they had 2 practice sessions, both morning and late afternoon. On Sunday they had a 4 hour practice befor departing.

Chellsie Memmel was one of the tumbling coaches for floor, Jana Bieger was on Beam and Sean Golden on Vault. I can't remember who she said worked with them on bars. My dd felt she learned a lot from each person. She definately feels her routines will improve with the pointers and corrections she was given. :D

On Saturday, the girls watched the meet where it was decided who would be going to compete in Mexico at the Pan Am Championships. She said it was amazing to watch these girls.

My DD also met Marta, but only saw Bela. She said the food was really good! The Chef is Bela's DD!

On Friday night they had a campfire, which was fun for all of the girls. They were able to swim in the pool and there were animals all over the place including horses and camels.

My DD said she had an incredible time and I think it was an experience she will remember forever. She said the one-on-one attention was great since there were only 50 girls.

I just thought I would share the experience! Needless to say she is exhausted today!

Sounds like heaven for a little gymnast. Glad it was so special and she will remember it.

lol...and only a kid that age could have enjoyed bela's daughter':) cooking...

Wow, what a great opportunity for her and her teammates. I'm glad they had fun! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back