Homework troubles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Salto

Gymnast
Hi, just wondering if anybody could offer some advice on a problem of mine. I train 5 to 6 days a week and I don't get home until 8:45. I am in eighth grade at a school that gives out about 31/2 hours of homework a night. Therefore I can never get to bed at a decent hour and I feel really stressed out. Has anybody else had this problem, what can I do?
Thanks for you time! :)

What I did last year was I would do some work before practice, in the car on the way there, in the car on the way back home, and finish anything I have left at home before I go to bed. Plus, I had a study hall so I got most of my work done then. And if it is really necessary, I take my work in the gym and while the other girls warm up, I do what needs to get done school wise. My coaches understood and let me be. When I finished I would do a shorter warm-up and stretching. Other times I would finish in time to catch up with everyone on stretching. School always comes first for me and most athletes. And my coaches always understand that.

If I really have tons of homework I will try do it during break/recess otherwise I just have to do mine after gym..
Usually my coach is late so this year I might try and take it in until he arrives...
And if I dot get it done after gym-I ask my mum to write a note explaining I had no time... - they usually understand and give me an extension....

I feel you! I'm a 10th grader, a level 9, and I train about 5 days a week. I stayed up until about 1 in the morning as a freshman (As I was not used to the workload) before I created a little routine I do to minimize homework. I'm taking 3 AP classes, not to mention extracurricular clubs/church. I have a few bits of advice:

1.) Maximize your free time at school. If you're at lunch socializing, I suggest bringing some homework to get started on instead. Yes, you can socialize, but spend at least HALF your lunchtime doing homework.

2.) Be proactive. Talk to your teachers; they will most likely understand your situation and sometimes they will give you assignments ahead of time.

3.) Don't overload yourself. As in, don't put too much on your plate class wise. You're better off with less AP/Honors classes but better grades

4.) Use weekend time. I understand you're a teen that needs social time, but get crackin on that homework as soon as you can. With luck, you can knock it all out and still have time to just relax.

5.) Relax. Give yourself some free time to unwind. Over stressing yourself isn't healthy.

I wish you the best of luck! :) Message me if you need more information/help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back