Parents Horrifying and disgusting article

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If it's so horrifying and disgusting what's your goal in sharing?

Disclaimer: I have not opened the link.

Um.....it's highly relevant to all of us as gym parents. So, if you didn't open the link, why would make an inflammatory comment. It's horrifying that the story just keeps getting worse and worse, and it's disgusting that it was allowed to continue for years. If you don't want to read the article, don't comment.

This is a message board. I expect to read context when a link is posted, the idea is to talk, not drop "horrifying" bombs on unsuspecting people. To be honest I didn't open it because I couldn't tell what it was, it looks like bait click the way it was posted.

I also didn't open it. I'd like to see a sentence telling me what I am about to open.
A computer virus? An article discussing the gore that is a compound fracture? An anti-trump article? A cheating scandal?

Is it more Nassar stuff (I'm affraid to click on it too)? I saw an article recently that Twistars is being sued as well now and that a parent claims she reported concerns to Geddert back in the late 90's and he took no action.

To be fair to vbdb, a description or explanation of what was being posted would have been helpful. The only reason I opened it is I recognized the newspaper the article was coming from.

The link is to a rather lengthy Orange County Register story/investigation about a sexual abuse lawsuit just filed against Don Peters, who ran (and may still have some fiduciary connection to) SCATS, a very well known and established Huntington Beach, California gymnastics center. The article is rather detailed and long and I did not read all of it. The lawsuit also includes Dr. Nassar, USAG, the Karolyis, as well as the past three presidents of the USAG. The details I read in the article were disturbing. I opened the link without thinking much about it, primarily because I did discern it was from the OC Register. The OP could have been better served with more information regarding the contents of the link so as not to raise any questions or doubts about the article itself. The article is disturbing and it is horrifying; however, it is consistent with other related articles recently posted here including some by yours truly.

What shocked me (cuz most of this is horrifying but no longer shocking) was a related article about numerous gyms that employ banned coaches and still compete USAG. The loophole being that they are not actually USAG member gyms. I hope it's not the same in Canada :(

Unfortunately I almost feel like we need a separate forum for these types of stories.

horrifying and disgusting
I felt the same way when I hear the podcast and then posted about Parviz Youseffi. In my case I wanted anyone that could potentially recognize the name to see it right away since it sounds like he might still be working at the same gym (that's why I used his name for the title of the thread I had posted).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back