WAG How long have you been at your current gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
There is always post about switching gyms so I thought I would ask the opposite. Has anyone been at their current gym since the start?

My DD has been at the same gym since she was two. We started when the gym opened. She is now 10 going on 11 so 9 years at the same place with no intentions of moving unless we leave the state :)

Same gym from her first real class at age 4. Just turned 9 so.... 5 years. We even survived (and flourished) under a change in ownership!

In the spirit of honesty, I do have to say that we attended a mommy/daddy/me class when she was itty bitty before we knew much about the sport. But once we put her in gymnastics....same gym.

Same gym since she was 4 and is almost ack do I say it 13. No intention of leaving unless we would move for some reason, my dd would kill me if we left.

My youngest dd has been at our current gym for 3 years and my eldest dd has be there for 5 weeks ( after trying it for a year 2 years ago), Youngest dd does Rec twice a week and eldest dd is in the disability gymnastics development group training ( which she started last week after doing 4 weeks of disability trampolining) for her first competition

As a gymnast I was at the same gym from age 6 until it closed, when I was 15. My coach and a few girls moved to another gym where I stayed through high school. As a coach I've been to a lot of different gyms. 4 years at one while in college, 2 years at a different one once I moved back home then I took three years off while in grad school. When I came home I coached for a year at one gym then left to have a baby. When I was ready to come back they didn't need me anymore so I switched again. I've been at my current gym for 2.5 years and hoping to stay for a while.

Since she before she turned 3--and her older sister before that since SHE was 3--total of nearly 17 yrs now. Guess we're pretty loyal, huh?

Since she was 51/2. She turns 11 in the fall. I have to say we got lucky. Her coach is well known and has a great reputation and the gym is less than 10min away!

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

One gym (with the exception of a rec program where we used to live). DD is starting her 5th year here.

My DD was at her first gym for 6 years, up until it closed when she was 9. :( A nearby gym took almost our entire team in on a moment's notice and we were very thankful for that as competition season was fast approaching. However, this was not a good fit for us and we only stayed there for 8 months. Switched to another gym in the area that had just changed ownership and she has been there for 5 years now (I can't believe it's been that long). We really try to be loyal and stay at a gym as long as it's a good fit for our family.

Current gym from the time I was 5-present, so about 13 years. No longer training here, but moving into coaching at the same gym.
It was not my first gym, we moved with the program coordinator and most the coaches when I was 5, after being there from 2-5.

Dd has been at her gym since she was 4 (and it was right after the gym opened in a small shopping mall). She's 10 now and we've gone through lots of renovations with the gyms (moved to a big building and expanded a couple of times) but no intention of changing gyms. Dd would sooner leave the sport.

DD was at a Y gym for 5 years... half her life! The change was hard, but now she's been at a private gym for 2 years and loves it. It is hard to imagine any circumstances that would make us switch again.

I quit when I was 5, but started at 3, so this has been my home gym for 13 years. (On and off taking classes and now I'm back for the next 2 years until college!)

We were at our first gym for only 5 months doing rec and then preteam for my oldest daughter before it closed down due to finances.

We tried out a couple of new places and decided on our current gym. It felt like the right fit and still does 3 years later.

DD has been at her gym since she was 18 months old (started in a Mommy and Me class). She's now 9 years old and this will be her 4th year competing. Wow! Can't believe we've been there that long.

3 months. She was at her rec gym for 4.5 years. Yes, we did switch gyms for one who competed higher than a level 4 (old). And to be honest, I don't feel like "we" are not loyal as DD switched at the age of 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back