I need help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I put this in the gymnasts only coz some of you would know what it is like and have been through it

I tore a ligament in my ancle and was off for 2 months then a month later i had a bulging disk in my back i had 6 months off. i am no where near as good as i need to be i am no where near as strong either do any of you have any quotes or advice to get me back on track as i am feeling a bit down
also anyone have a simple diet for a gymnast who trains more than 15 hours a week
Thankyou soo much xxx

well if you have been off for that long then you will have to train really really hard in order to get anywhere close to where you used to be. i was out for 5 months and it took me more then 3 months just to get back to where i was. my advice would be to really stretch hard at home no matter how simple it is and also at home perfect any simple skills you have on beam or anything like that. basicly just bust your butt at the gym and you will be back to where you were.

you are going to have to work your butt off....but you will get back to where you left off. it just takes time. this year, i sprained my ankle horribly one week before i was scheduled to get wrist surgery. so i was on crutches and a boot with a wrist brace before surgery, then a wheelchair right after surgery, and eventually just an ankle brace and tiger paws on floor and vault. i am back to where i was now bc i worked really hard and didnt let those frustrating days get to me. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! have faith :) good luck!!

You will have to work very hard to get back to where you were before your injuries, but you CAN do it. Don't push yourself too hard though, you don't want your back injury to come back! Set small, realistic goals for each practice, and above all, keep a positive attitude! (Or as some girls at my gym would say, a positude :)) You can do stretching and conditioning at home, too - this will help a lot. I know how you feel - I missed 2 months last year with a back injury and then 2 months earlier this year with a grade 3 sprained ankle. I'm still trying to get back to where I was from that. It's things like this that really test your commitment and love for the sport, so don't let it get you down!

Yes as said above you will have to work really hard. I wasn't out fi that long bt it was a few weeks. I had to stretch like crazy ( if you check my post I'm obviosly crazy about getting my splits) and I also conditioned at home. My friends call me crazy cuz I enjoy pushups. I did non stop conditioning twice for twenty min.

As for the diet thing, I do it now I limit myself to one sweet thing a day and see how much I get out of the food group. You can go to mypyramid.gov to customize your own pyramid. And I also carry around a water bottle around so I get enough water. (to make water tastier use some water flavor such as the crystal lite or propel)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back