Parents IGC Thanksgiving Clinic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
Hi,

I’m considering sending my dd (7 years old and level 2) to IGC Thanksgiving clinic (sleepover). I think she’ll really enjoy the experience. My idea is that she can try the clinic and if she likes it she can decide if she wants to go to camp there next summer. She saw their promo video and she’s already really excited about the pit. Her coach is okay with camps/clinics.

Does anyone know if there are many 7 year olds that go to this clinic (and the camp)? Are there many level 2 gymnasts? I just want to make sure that:

- the IGC isn’t just focused on more advanced gymnasts and
- that there are going to be other 7 year olds for her to hang out with.

Thanks,

NY Dad

My daughter did the clinic last year, she had just turned 8, and LOVED it!! She came home with her kip!!! I'm sure she was on the verge of getting it anyway. She wound up going to camp for a week this past summer and had a great time. Don't expect her to come home with tons of new skills. She will come home with a sense independence and some new friends that love being in the gym as much as she does.

The woman I spoke to at IGC told me that the Thanksgiving clinic has lots of 7-8 year old girls at lower levels. She said that the clinic tends to run younger and have a higher percentage of lower level girls than the summer camp. I decided to sign my dd up. She’s excited and I’m excited for her. Now she just has to wait 2 months. (Hopefully she forgets about it for a while ;)).

After the clinic I’ll post my thoughts and any feedback I get from her.

NY Dad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back