WAG Improved FHS vault because of work on "flipping" vaults

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
Do see an improvement in a gymnasts FHS vault once they start training for the tsuk or Yurchenko? It seems that now that DD is training both tsuk and Yurchenko vaults her FHS vault is also becoming a lot better. Now that she has started flipping her tsuk into the pit over the vault that her run and general lead up to the FHS vault it SO much better. It seems like now the she is flipping the vaults she realizes that she had better run and hit that springboard like there was no tomorrow or there is NO hope of flipping the thing. So she just goes for it. Is this common?

She is repeating L7 so she will still be doing FHS vaults and I am hoping for a better season on vault. She has only accomplished two nines in her entire career with the FHS vault so it would be nice if the new found power transfers.

Sometimes, but often i have to go back to the FHS with my tsuk kids because they actually start to slow down, not all but some. What you are probably seeing is a child who is getting stronger and has a much greater sense. As the talent level goes up, the easier skills, well,,, get easier. :)

I love it, when it "clicks", when they realize that a 100% vault is so much easier than a 70% one. However normally we get to that point before we are starting Tsuks, I would think your DD is just gaining strength and speed through the increased amount of repetition and time spent on vault. :)

That's good to know. You would think that 4 going on 5 years of this vault something would click at some point :) She is getting bigger and stronger. Becoming a young lady on me and not so much my little girl. I am sure that is also helping.

This was the case for my DD. I think part of it was that she had to learn to run much more aggressively to flip the Yurchenko, and translated that back to the FHS. Her FHS just suddenly "clicked" this year after very gradually improving from dismal to mediocre for the previous 4 years.

Sometimes, but often i have to go back to the FHS with my tsuk kids because they actually start to slow down, not all but some. What you are probably seeing is a child who is getting stronger and has a much greater sense. As the talent level goes up, the easier skills, well,,, get easier. :)

I agree, or perhaps they increasingly drilled the front entry, but I think it's mostly just improved awareness (which is often developed through drills for flipping and multiple flipping skills). They also just get bigger and more able to use the equipment in a powerful way.

As you know, I've seen the same trend in DD. She's only competed FHS for two years (old L5 and then new L6/L7) and although she has always been a strong vaulter, since she has started working tsuks, her FHS just look stronger. Now, I can't judge vault at all but I think they will score much higher if she does L7 next year because her form just looks tighter.

Well golly gee wiz, I'd better get with it or those salto vaults are gonna kill me. Hmmmm.... run faster hurdle lower, tighten core going into and leaving the table and at all other times, something and the other.......

Well golly gee wiz, I'd better get with it or those salto vaults are gonna kill me. Hmmmm.... run faster hurdle lower, tighten core going into and leaving the table and at all other times, something and the other.......
Exactly! I think that is exactly what is going through her head. If I don't do this right I am going to die. Other times, well I made it over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back