WAG Injured Back (Vent)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CAGymmie

Gymnast
I injured my back about six weeks ago doing a round off off of a mat. I went to the doctor, taped it, iced it, ect. I have not been able to do half of the things at practice, :mad: but have still been going to do conditioning and whatever else I can do. My coaches understand and have been very helpful about it.

Two weeks ago, my coach decided that it would be best for me not to compete at our upcoming meet :( and also to take a week off before the meet to rest, since I wouldn't be able to do much at practice anyway. This meet unfortunately happened to be the meet that my gym hosted and so most of my teammates would be competing.(I am in a less competitive program so you don't have to compete at every meet.) Also, because it was the closest, quite a few of my friends were going to come and watch.

Today was the meet, so I wore my team leotard, cheered on my teammates, and brought some cupcakes to share with them. My coach allowed me to sit with the team as well as march in with them and stand with them as they got their team award (first place :D). It felt so weird not being able to compete with my team. It made me so sad:weepy:.

Next week, I have to take another week off because my physical therapist thinks I still need to rest. I might go, but do just conditioning/modified workout.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to vent. If you've read this far, thanks, you deserve a round of applause:applause:.

I think you should be proud of yourself and your coaches/parents should be proud of you for being such a great teammate! You could have easily felt sorry for yourself and sat home watching TV pouting because you couldn't compete. Instead you baked cupcakes, put your leo on, took yourself down to the gym and participated as much as you could cheering on everyone. I think by doing this, it speaks so much about your character. You obviously are a good person and a great teammate! I bet when you are able to workout again you will be stronger than ever.
Good things come to good people!!

You only get one back for your whole life. I'm glad that you are taking care of it, listening to your PT, and that your coaches have your back (sorry. I think I'm funny).

And. best teammate ever. Being supportive when you want to be out there? Is hard. Been there. Know that your teammates appreciate it, even if they don't know how much it hurts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back