WAG Injury Petition to Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On a lighter note - dd's petition was approved, so she will be competing at L10 Regionals. :D She petitioned with legitimate reasons, it is a blessing that she is getting the opportunity to compete, but she is at a disadvantage since she has not competed since January while she will be competing against girls who have been competing the entire season and probably are in their "groove."

I still think it is unethical if a friend/doctor writes a note "as a favor" I also know it will continue to happen, but I am 100% thankful for the process being available for those it is really intended for!

"i also think it was important this gymnast make it to regionals since the gym was certain the other L9 was going to make it. But to cover the coaches fees to go to regionals, two gymnasts would be ideal. Last year, the bill to take one girl to L8 regionals with one coach was almost $600. This year, they WILL send at least two coaches, maybe 3, regardless of how many girls qualify. I wish I could explain this but it would be too risky. I'd be very curious if the parent doctor, or which parent doctor, will write the verification. The two possible parent doctors appear to be upstanding citizens."First, as a parent I would not pay for more than 1 coach if my child was the only one, that's ridiculous.Second, justifying lying to "share expenses" doesn't change the lie.Third, it's teaching the girls to do whatever they need to do to get what they want in life, even if they haven't earned it or they have to cheat to get it.I paid $900 to send my daughter to Eastern Nationals. She was the only one going. We did a donut sale and 4 other fundraisers plus some out of pocket. Had to borrow my parent's credit card for plane tickets and pay them later. So cost is not a good reason to cheat. I'm also confused... Wasn't the original post yours? Weren't you concerned that what they were doing was wrong? But now it seems like it's being justified. It's never ok to lie and cheat to get ahead.

This AT&T thing means no paragraph breaks for me! Sorry!Granny Smith, I love hearing from you. My reply was to the quote at the start of my last post. Like I said, no paragraph breaks even when I include them. Very weird!

A=Asinine T=Telecommunications T=Tragedy you can't believe the issues i'm having...and i keep getting knocked off every other post. geesh.

This AT&T thing means no paragraph breaks for me! Sorry!Granny Smith, I love hearing from you. My reply was to the quote at the start of my last post. Like I said, no paragraph breaks even when I include them. Very weird!
The no paragraph thing is internet explorers fault, you will find if you change browsers you can actually use paragraphs. I have the same issue.

"First, as a parent I would not pay for more than 1 coach if my child was the only one, that's ridiculous.Second, justifying lying to "share expenses" doesn't change the lie.Third, it's teaching the girls to do whatever they need to do to get what they want in life, even if they haven't earned it or they have to cheat to get it.I paid $900 to send my daughter to Eastern Nationals. She was the only one going. We did a donut sale and 4 other fundraisers plus some out of pocket. Had to borrow my parent's credit card for plane tickets and pay them later. So cost is not a good reason to cheat. I'm also confused... Wasn't the original post yours? Weren't you concerned that what they were doing was wrong? But now it seems like it's being justified. It's never ok to lie and cheat to get ahead.

Yes, the original post was mine. I am not condoning or excusing any misconduct or impropriety. I still see all the problems with the situation and am troubled by it. But I do acknowledge this sort of thing exists and there is not much I can do about it short of being a whistle blower. The gymnast is indeed going to regionals. So, the parent doctor did write the verification.

I am trying hard not to be so petty about the whole situation. But what I find so puzzling and really annoying is why did this gymnast have to tell my daughter about their plans? They were best friends. Now my daughter thinks her best friend is a cheater. How do I reconcile that to my daughter? It would have been so much easier for us without this knowledge. In the 4 years they've competed together, this gymnast has tried unsuccessful to beat my daughter at any meet. This gymnast was not asked to do TOPS but the mother begged the coach to put her in because my daughter was in it. My daughter moved up a level mid season and this gymnast stayed in the same level. That summer the mother had her training 30 hours a week so she will skip a level and be in the same level as my daughter. The gymnast did not qualify for L8 regionals but my daughter did. At meets, my daughter always out scores this gymnast by a large margin. I mention all the above not to brag or put the gymnast down but to make a point. If the gymnast had not breathed a word, we would have thought she just made it to regionals and my daughter did not. And she finally upped my daughter. From day one, this is what she's always wanted to do. She was the best at the gym she came from and when she moved to our gym, she was treated just like everyone else. But she saw my daughter was the one getting special treatment. This gymnast is not happy with her performance even if it is really good if she does not beat my daughter. Even our head coach told me, that this gymnast is too obsessed with my daughter and she had to do something about it. An added bonus to us switching gyms was not having to deal with this obsessive competition with her mom and the gymnast. The mom was always trying to extract information from me to make sure her daughter was getting everything my daughter was getting, Now that we are away from that gym, and at a gym where the parents and gymnasts are all very supportive and there are no CGM, this gymnast had to come up and tell my daughter her story. I cannot understand why; to show my daughter, the gym is now doing special things for her? I would think making us believe she finally beat my daughter would be higher on her list. How do you explain this to your daughter and not make her dislike her friend? She would have been happy for her friend otherwise.

Yes, the original post was mine. I am not condoning or excusing any misconduct or impropriety. I still see all the problems with the situation and am troubled by it. But I do acknowledge this sort of thing exists and there is not much I can do about it short of being a whistle blower. The gymnast is indeed going to regionals. So, the parent doctor did write the verification.

I am trying hard not to be so petty about the whole situation. But what I find so puzzling and really annoying is why did this gymnast have to tell my daughter about their plans? They were best friends. Now my daughter thinks her best friend is a cheater. How do I reconcile that to my daughter? It would have been so much easier for us without this knowledge. In the 4 years they've competed together, this gymnast has tried unsuccessful to beat my daughter at any meet. This gymnast was not asked to do TOPS but the mother begged the coach to put her in because my daughter was in it. My daughter moved up a level mid season and this gymnast stayed in the same level. That summer the mother had her training 30 hours a week so she will skip a level and be in the same level as my daughter. The gymnast did not qualify for L8 regionals but my daughter did. At meets, my daughter always out scores this gymnast by a large margin. I mention all the above not to brag or put the gymnast down but to make a point. If the gymnast had not breathed a word, we would have thought she just made it to regionals and my daughter did not. And she finally upped my daughter. From day one, this is what she's always wanted to do. She was the best at the gym she came from and when she moved to our gym, she was treated just like everyone else. But she saw my daughter was the one getting special treatment. This gymnast is not happy with her performance even if it is really good if she does not beat my daughter. Even our head coach told me, that this gymnast is too obsessed with my daughter and she had to do something about it. An added bonus to us switching gyms was not having to deal with this obsessive competition with her mom and the gymnast. The mom was always trying to extract information from me to make sure her daughter was getting everything my daughter was getting, Now that we are away from that gym, and at a gym where the parents and gymnasts are all very supportive and there are no CGM, this gymnast had to come up and tell my daughter her story. I cannot understand why; to show my daughter, the gym is now doing special things for her? I would think making us believe she finally beat my daughter would be higher on her list. How do you explain this to your daughter and not make her dislike her friend? She would have been happy for her friend otherwise.

You know exactly why she told your dd. It is ugly, but based on past history it is not surprising. I imagine her results at regionals will speak volumes.

Bog I couldn't agree more! If she was not making the score at meets all this will do is allow her to go and embarrass herself. To the OP Sit back and watch as this unfolds :)

Everyone gets what they deserve...in time. Manipulating situations only creates a false reality that can never be sustained.
This is why I have don't stop to contemplate all the unfair, unethical situations happening in this sport. It would drive me insane. Life's too short to play this way. Keep it real.

Not for nothing OP but is this girl really her friend??? I think I would ask your daughter if she truly believes this girl is her friend, because my true friends don't act nor treat me like that. Sometimes, it's better to let relationships like this go, it doesn't sound too healthy and it seems that you dd is the friend while the other one is too busy trying to one up her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back