Parents Is DD the only one still waiting to learn what level she will compete this fall?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UpsideDown

Proud Parent
DD competed level 3 successfully, but they still haven't told us if she will be a 4 or not. Season starts in September. It is so hard to remind her to be patient, when I am not. She does have all the level 4 skills....

Anyone else (im)patiently waiting?

We are still waiting...but don't have our first meet till January. We should know in early September.

We haven't found out yet either. My DD competed level 3 last year pretty darn successfully also. She now has all of her level 4 skills-- except kip is brand new and she's still working on those straight arms. At our gym the level 3's and 4's all practice together.

I've decided-- and reiterated to my daughter-- that if she has to compete level 3 again, so be it! She's only been in gym for a little over year and at 7, she's got time! Plus, she will likely rock it at competition, which always is good :) lol... She scored mostly within the top 3 in her age group at every meet last year (except bars--- hit or miss on that mill circle ;) so one would think she would do pretty well again...

She desperately wants to be moved up though!!!! Don't they all?!?

Good luck to your DD and hopefully we both find out soon!!

Also still waiting. DD did half a season at L7 so she will either do a full season at L7 or go ahead and compete L8. Coach still hasn't decided.:(

8 year old DD does not know yet either. She is working on her level 5 skills. Hoping to move up but she only competed half of last season due to an injury,

We are waiting to find out for sure if YG will be allowed to compete Xcel Gold this season. Should know for sure sometime this month. HC is 99% sure she will be able to.
She competed two years of Old L4 and was L3 last season... so 3 years at one level (it's the little things - straight legs, pointed toes, doing the prescribed choreography... that get her). She qualified for YMCA Nationals the last 2 years (but 2013, she had to do an extra qualifier meet AFTER we paid for Nationals to make it... This year, she qualified in December ;) so we were less stressed).
She wants Xcel Gold because she doesn't want to repeat L3 again AND she doesn't want to compete L4 (or any compulsory level). She has floor music, a routine to go with it, a bar routine, and vault ready to go. On Beam, she needs an acro that reaches or passes through vertical (thinking cartwheel or Korbut) and a full turn... which she did on the low beam on her first EVER try!

We are also waiting. We were pretty well set that she would repeat L3 this year, but one of get coaches recently made a comment that threw that into confusion. We should know for sure in about a week. First met is usually end of December.

Also waiting. My kiddo's gym had first meet in October last year so we are down to the wire. I'm 99% sure she will do level 2. Right now she is still down with another major-ish injury (bone bruise on thumb bone and several wrist bones, per MRI), so not totally sure yet where she will be skill-wise. Injuries stink, have I said that before?? This happened literally 1 week after learning a string of several major new skills.

Nothing has been said officially, but they have put the girls in L5 on the computer, put their names up on the community board as L5... But I know the coach may still be hesitant to compete a couple of them (DD included) as 5's.... But as far as anyone knows, she moved up from L4. We have a bit to go, haven't really started on routines yet but they *have* learned the new components of L5. I guess we will know for sure when the first practice meet rolls around our season doesn't start until late dec/early jan.

We are still waiting too! DD has most of her L4 skills, but is unable to practice some of them due to her back injury. But her kip is getting pretty good now, so we are still hoping she'll be moved up despite her injury.

I'm pretty sure I know about both of mine, but we will not get official word until fall. Both have their first meet in December.

My dd has been told either x or y level depending on how training goes this month. Level registration doesn't have to happen until October here, and the first competitions don't happen until November?

I believe it had mostly been decided given we just got the fall schedule/training groups. Of course it all hinges on the elusive kip but she must be close since they put her in the 4/5 training group.

Of course the schedule doesn't indicate final level placement.

We haven't been officially told yet where she will be starting. But as the office had me pay L4 tuition (L3 would be less and L5 more), we are assuming it is going to be L4. As we changed gyms and she had some issues with skills not being taught in the other gym. I am more then happy with her being here. She should do well at this level this year and that will give her confidence in herself and her new coaches.

We "just" found out last week, because the gym wanted to know which schedule our girls will be in starting September 1st. Our first meet is next month...

OP here...... Glad to see there are quite a few of us! The funny thing is we are paying for level 4 hours. But decisions aren't made yet. DD is one of just a couple who has all her skills (for a long time).

Here is hoping we all find out soon, one way or the other!

OP here...... Glad to see there are quite a few of us! The funny thing is we are paying for level 4 hours. But decisions aren't made yet. DD is one of just a couple who has all her skills (for a long time).

Here is hoping we all find out soon, one way or the other!
We are paying Level 4 tuition as well

We won't find out till the end of October, and our first meet is in December.

'What level will she compete?'
Oh, if it were only that easy.......... ;)
I set August 1st as the cutoff date to have all theirs skills safely, consistently, and proficiently, and today is the day of revelation as I announce my final decisions (which are subject to change) ;)
Unfortunately, it's a lot harder than it seems. What do you do with the girl that's great on one event, but doesn't' even have all her skills on another? The girls that will be competing the same level for more than one year? The girl/parent that isn't happy unless they're in the top 3 at every meet? The ones that only care about a high numeric level, regardless of their performance at that level? We as coaches always want what's best for your child, you, our club, and us, but as you can see that can be a little difficult trying to satisfy everyone's wants and desires.
I do believe coaches need to explain these sorts of things to the parents so they have a better understanding as to what goes into our decisions. I've always found that educated parents are happy parents.........well most of the time! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back