Itchy Competition Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

justanothergymmom

Proud Parent
Does anyone have advice on how to handle a child with sensitive skin? My daughter complains about how itchy her leo feels and ends up breaking out in hives sometimes after her meets. We have tried to use powder and that helps a little. Also, she has used liners but doesn't like how they feel. Any other tips?

I get hives really easy, and I've found that taking an anti-histamine helps a LOT to get rid of them. I've found that simply showering as soon as I take the leo off helps. Wish I had more advice, but I think just getting used to wearing itchy leos helps to get rid of the itchiness.

would it help to begin anti histamine in the morning before she puts it on. Or even beginning the day before. My dd has it for asthma in the summer and it takes a couple of days for the effect to build up. Might be worth a try.

Leos with hologram type fabrics are awful for those of us with sensitive skin. Sometimes the fabric seems to soften up a little bit with more wear and washing, but it might diminish some of the sparkle.

My dd has this issue too. We put her leo on right before warmups and take it off immediately when she is done. After, we dress her in non confining cotton and it lets her skin breathe. Her leo is beautiful but she prefers the really soft leos when she is at practice and those don't seem to bother her skin at all.

My DD is sensitive to the seams that some leos have, where they have joined pieces of different coloured fabric together. When this happens I get some iron on hemming tape and use it to stick some softer fabric over the seam. I guess this wouldn't work if it is the entire fabric that is itchy though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back