job @ USAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My boyfriend seems to think that it is very highly unlikely that I would be able to the the media relations coordinator at USAG after college. I know that you just don't walk into the job of your dreams but I don't think that it is not possible, I wouldn't just expect to get that job first but eventually I think I could get that job.

comments....

it's possible. you come in on the ground floor as a volunteer. you'll have to work events. call or email rachel brazo at national office. 317-237-5050. i regret i don't have her email right at this moment. you can call the office and ask them for that and they will give it to you.

It's not any different than applying at any other big company, except this job would revolve around something that you love. You'll never know if you don't try so I say go for it. You might not get your dream job right off the bat, but you could get your foot in the door and start working up to your ideal position. Early in your career it's all about making connections and that could be a potentially awesome connection. It won't hurt to try! Go for it and I hope it works out well!

Key word here is internship. I applied for one my senior year of college, and I didn't get it. I have always wondered what could have happened had I gotten it. But it was a learning experience and it wasn't meant to be. You'll start as a grunt, but in time you should work your way up. Another place to look as at the USOC in Colorado Springs, they have a lot of interships/jobs right up your alley. Best of luck!

Key word here is internship. I applied for one my senior year of college, and I didn't get it. I have always wondered what could have happened had I gotten it. But it was a learning experience and it wasn't meant to be. You'll start as a grunt, but in time you should work your way up. Another place to look as at the USOC in Colorado Springs, they have a lot of interships/jobs right up your alley. Best of luck!

Jasmine suggested what I would. See if summer or even full semester internships are offered. Your academic advisor at school might be able to help get you some info too. USOC is not hiring much---actually just laid off over 50 people, but they may have the need for more interns. Any experience you can get is a huge plus in getting that "dream job."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back