WAG Joining USA Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
"A. Entry Regulations and advancement

In order to compete in a sanctioned competition, an athlete must be a registered USA Gymnastics Athlete Member or Introductory Athlete Member (Levels 1-3 & PREP Optional).
A new gymnast must enter at the Jr. Olympic Developmental Level 1.
Athletes may not skip any level. They must advance one level at a time by scoring the minimum mobility score at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned competition (Exception: Levels 1- 4 do not have a mobility score)
Any athlete who has previously competed in the Jr. Olympic Program, but has been inactive for one or more years, must contact their State Administrative Committee Chairman for proper entry regulations. The options are:
a. Remain at the level at which they last competed.
b. Move up one level if they achieved the minimum mobility score during their last season,
c. Move down one numerical level, without petitioning.
Athletes whose competitive experience has been outside of the USA Gymnastics structure may petition the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 6 or below and must prove their proficiency at that level."

For a club joining USAG, (athletes who haven't competed in a sanctioned competition) it is required to prove proficiency? How do you prove the proficiency of your athletes if they enter as level 4 or 5? (I'm assuming 4 or 5 under the new system)

How is this generally done? Will they accept scores from meets outside of the usag system?

you will have to contact your state director to see how they will handle this. and scores outside of the USAG system are inadmissible.

My suggestion - if you want THE answer is to contact the Member Services Director at USAG. Her name and contact info is on the Women's page of the USAG website. Give as much detail as you can and they will get back to you in a day or so (they don't bite). They have always been very helpful to me. You may get a variety of answers on here, but the real, no kidding final answer is going to come from the USAG folks.

Good Luck.

I see...I'm just wondering if our optional level kids will end up having to compete a compulsory meet, and if our compulsory kids (4s and 5s) will end up having to enter as level 3...

My suggestion - if you want THE answer is to contact the Member Services Director at USAG. Her name and contact info is on the Women's page of the USAG website. Give as much detail as you can and they will get back to you in a day or so (they don't bite). They have always been very helpful to me. You may get a variety of answers on here, but the real, no kidding final answer is going to come from the USAG folks.

Good Luck.

yes, but in this case they will refer her on to the state director. each state has their own metric as to what they will allow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News