Kalon Ludvigson injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
Good wishes to Kalon Ludvigson and his family who suffered a serious neck injury during practice earlier this week.

Ohmigosh. He's the athlete focus of one of the USAG magazines this month too. Oh my. What happened? Besides doing something humans shouldn't be able to do of course.

I am not sure exactly. DD coach is the on the women's tumbling senior team and knows him pretty well and she posted a pray for Ludvigson photo on Facebook. Looked up on the USAG website and it says that he had a training accident that resulted in a neck injury. He had surgery yesterday or the day before that seems to have been success and he is regaining feeling and control throughout his body and the doctors say that he is already months ahead of where they expected him to be. So it sounds like the prognosis is good but I still feel for him and his family and wish for a speedy recovery.

So so scary and sad. I used to coach at a gym in Utah with a big T&T program and he did a camp there. I didn't get the chance to meet him as I was out of town at the time, but I have heard nothing but great things about him as an athlete and as a person. Sending prayers and good thoughts his way.
His coach has started a fund to help pay for medical expenses if anyone has a few extra bucks to spare, I can't even imagine the medical bills that are headed his way- http://www.gofundme.com/3wh640

Kalon is an awesome guy. please support the fund. he's too young to have to suffer medical bankruptcy. everybody chip in! :)

I'm wondering if one of the admins could put the donation info on the main page or pages? Although Kalon competes T&T, he is much loved and respected throughout the entire gymnastics community. I can only imagine how much his medical bills will be as it is my understanding that this injury is pretty bad and will require a lot of rehabilitation.

Does anyone know how you might be able to donate via PayPal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

This is an article that was in the Salt Lake paper..
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=26453680

Last spring a at a competition a week before his Invitational in Salt Lake, he took time out to talk to Carmella and gave her a lot of encouragement.. It was a highlight of her season and hearing the news about the severity of his injury is really hitting her..

Really brings to light how dangerous the sport is..

Kalon is an awesome guy. please support the fund. he's too young to have to suffer medical bankruptcy. everybody chip in! :)

Is it not covered by USAG insurance? I'm sure that,s part of why we pay British Gymnastics membership, it covers for injuries of this type.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

My understanding is it generally does not cover it unless it was equipment failure or the like. I found out he did it doing a double back same exact thing I recently did off the double mini. It puts things in perspective and has me terrified thinking I got off so lucky cause that could be me. Just awful.

My understanding is it generally does not cover it unless it was equipment failure or the like. I found out he did it doing a double back same exact thing I recently did off the double mini. It puts things in perspective and has me terrified thinking I got off so lucky cause that could be me. Just awful.

the injury took place at Woodward, not a USA Gymnastics sanctioned competition. and British Gymnastics does not pay for this. your national health care program does.

Your idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back