WAG Kip/grip issues..?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently had a back injury, which obviously led me to not train/condition.
I started training again about a month ago, and my kips have been terrible! I am hardly making any kips (long hang/glide) and it's stressing me out.
I believe that there are several factors that are contributing to my problem, the first one being my lack of strength from not training. My core strength is defiantly quite weak.. I was not able to work on abdominal muscle conditioning for about half of the summer. Any ab exercises that can help with the kips would be helpful!
Another problem that I think my kips are being affected by is my overall technique. I'm having some trouble with the whole "toes to the bar", and pulling myself up. I feel like my hands are about to let go of the bar once I start to pull up?
And my last problem is my hand grip! I posted about this a few weeks ago.
I had a very bad pair of grips, which started to mess up the way my hands adjust on the bar. I did get new grips (no dowell) and there is defiantly an improvement... But still not 100%!
I am starting to become too "obsessed" with the way my hand placement is around the bar. This has caused me to start grabbing the bar with my wrist first? If my hands are not placed a certain way, then I can't make any skills. This is becoming very aggravating, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
My ideal hand placement is when my grips have a slight fold around the bar, which occasionally happens. I'm not sure if my grips have to be more lose for this to happen? Any tips on hand placement/grip adjustment would be very helpful.

You need dowel grips.

Leg lifts...have someone spot you if you are having issues.

Then just do kip sets everyday for bars...tons.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back