DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
At states my dd did the following floor routine:
Pass 1: Ro, bhs, layout
Pass 2: Front hs, front layout, front tuck
Pass 2: Front hs, front layout

She also did switch leg leap, 1.5 turn etc.
She competed full twist all year, but coach removed it because she was getting an amplitude deduction on the full. He said she had a 10.0 SV without it. Made sense to me!! I was expecting a huge score (been getting 9.1ish all year with the full) Score flashed 8.7. Tumbling looked as usual, so I am assuming there was some sort of deduction for not having the full even though the SV was a 10.0 Any ideas?

Best thing to do is ask the coach. If you taped it, ask if she will review it with you. There may be something you didn't notice that caused the deductions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

There are composition and I think another set of similar deductions (both up to .2, maybe?) that judges often take advantage of at state meets to really differentiate the routines. Not having a back twisting pass might have influenced the judges to take those deductions even if the sv was still 10.0. Or she might have had some mistake that isn't really obvious, like not quite completing her turn or something. Or the judges could have been in a bad mood. XP I've seen her floor routine on youtube before and it's always really good!

Many times the tumbling is fine, but they nail the girls on not hitting 180 on their leaps so she may have lost a few tenths on dance elements.

go in another meet with different judges...:)

Different week...different scores

Small meet +.2

Small invitational +.3

Big invitational +.1

State meet -.1

Regionals -.2 ...............Western/Eastern Nat'l.......-.2 to -.3 .......JO's ......... -.3 to -.4

It's right there in the code of points!! :D ;)

Different week...different scores

Small meet +.2

Small invitational +.3

Big invitational +.1

State meet -.1

Regionals -.2 ...............Western/Eastern Nat'l.......-.2 to -.3 .......JO's ......... -.3 to -.4

It's right there in the code of points!! :D ;)

ha ha ha I love this. However, at my DD's L8 states this year I feel their scores were inflated just a bit on some events. All four girls on her L8 got their highest AA for the year at states!

Thats so like the judges to mistake the State Championships for a small invitational. I think the confusion lies in the similarities of the hospitality rooms. They should be following State Meet protocol, which advises that the potato salad should not have a blend of mayonaise and mustard:D.

And who said I never do anything for you.....Oh, the corn chips should be "store brand", and slightly stale.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back