WAG leap question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
Is a cat leap and a wolf jump on floor worth the same? Is one considered harder or more preferable than the other?

well, both are named after animals and humans are expected to do them. and you got the sheep jump too!

A cat leap is sort of like a pas-du-chat with your feet in parallel (not turned out). It is called a cat leap because gymnasts are allergic to French.

A wolf jump is like a pike jump with one leg bent at the knee (knees together). I think it's basically like a lazy pike jump and I hate them. Be hardcore. Do a pike jump.

In USAG, they are both worth the same on floor - A's. Wolf jump used to be worth a B on beam - not sure if that's still the case. The wolf jump is a better building block. Cat leap is kind of pointless (but can be pretty).

In USAG, they are both worth the same on floor - A's. Wolf jump used to be worth a B on beam - not sure if that's still the case. The wolf jump is a better building block. Cat leap is kind of pointless (but can be pretty).

and those darn cat leaps roll an inordinate amount of ankles. i hatem.:)

both cat leap and wolf jump are A and a pike jump is a B. As long as we are going there, I believe RING is a kind of worm.

In french we even have a jump called a biche jump. A biche is a doe :)

That's funny I just saw that it's called a stag jump in english... just not the same animal as in french!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back