WAG Leotard help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We got new competition leotard this year (yay!) the only problem, mine doesn't not fit. Back when I tried on the trial one it fit fine. But when I got it, nope. I'll insert a picture. The problem is the shoulders sit way too wide, and they like to fall. Next year I get my senior leotard, which I'm really exited about. But until then I don't have a leotard. Our first meet was yesterday and I wore a tank, but I don't want to be in that the rest of the season and my coach hasn't said anything about ordering a new one in weeks because the smaller size is too small and the bigger size is too big. If anyone has any ideas as to how I could make this work, besides getting alterations ($200 Leo I'm not letting anyone not familiar with a Leo touch it) I would love to hear!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1450058637.833384.jpg

Could you "butt glue" it up on your shoulders? Or have a seamstress sew in a wedge shape of black Lycra?

Humm, sounds like maybe this leo is defective or sized off or something. Is there a teammate that has the same size as you that you could try her leo on to see if it fits better? Then if you have an adult medium and another adult medium fits well, your coach should send it back for another in the same size. Seems like if the smaller size is too small and the larger is too big that it "should" fit especially if you tried on the sample. If your coach isn't helping, maybe call GK or whatever manufacturer it is and send them the picture - they should be able to help.

Humm, sounds like maybe this leo is defective or sized off or something. Is there a teammate that has the same size as you that you could try her leo on to see if it fits better? Then if you have an adult medium and another adult medium fits well, your coach should send it back for another in the same size. Seems like if the smaller size is too small and the larger is too big that it "should" fit especially if you tried on the sample. If your coach isn't helping, maybe call GK or whatever manufacturer it is and send them the picture - they should be able to help.
It's an ozone, we've asked about the defective mess and they said there's not way, I'm the only one with this size. We think the problem is the chest area is too big so it's making the shoulders fall

Honestly, for $200 I would demand an exchange. Clearly, it doesn't fit correctly. You should Not have to use glue or whatever else to make it fit.

Exchange it for another of same size. See if that helps. If they balk, just be insistent. Most retailers/customer service related companies want the customer to be happy. Especially when you "remind" them you will influence
others not to buy from them...

Honestly, for $200 I would demand an exchange. Clearly, it doesn't fit correctly. You should Not have to use glue or whatever else to make it fit.

Exchange it for another of same size. See if that helps. If they balk, just be insistent. Most retailers/customer service related companies want the customer to be happy. Especially when you "remind" them you will influence
others not to buy from them...
The problem with this is that meet season has already started, and by the time she gets another one, the season will invariably almost be over. :( I would opt for the butt glue!

It's an ozone, we've asked about the defective mess and they said there's not way, I'm the only one with this size. We think the problem is the chest area is too big so it's making the shoulders fall
Honestly, I would ask again - I agree with another poster saying that for $200 it should darn well fit - you should get your money back no matter what if you end up having to wear a tank instead all year. I would still send them a picture and ask them to explain how it's supposed to fit and why it's not fitting properly.

Ok, I'll try it. And we can't return it because it's custom.
I figured that. We had that happen here when a girl had a growth spurt; luckily a new girl came on midyear who needed a leo, and she in turn was lucky in that a good friend of hers was in a different level and was able to trade off. Still...ugh~

I figured that. We had that happen here when a girl had a growth spurt; luckily a new girl came on midyear who needed a leo, and she in turn was lucky in that a good friend of hers was in a different level and was able to trade off. Still...ugh~
Yeah, my coaches pay for my senior one and I've already designed it, it's not an ozone. I just need to get through 6 more meets

Butt glue does work. I would suggest trying that.
Also, try pulling the arms up a little more if you can... maybe that would help. Good luck.

I wish I could see a few different views of it on you. (full front and full back) Your photo is so close up it's hard to see why it fits that way. I do agree that maybe, pulling the sleeves up a bit might help, as it looks like the shoulders are not all the way up onto your shoulders.

Honestly? It looks too small. But it looks like it's pulling downward and stretching the neckline out. I still feel the sleeves are not pulled up so that the shoulders are sitting on your shoulders, but it may be too tight to get it pulled up more. I see where the seam for the sleeves is and it;s down onto your arm.

Honestly? It looks too small. But it looks like it's pulling downward and stretching the neckline out. I still feel the sleeves are not pulled up so that the shoulders are sitting on your shoulders, but it may be too tight to get it pulled up more. I see where the seam for the sleeves is and it;s down onto your arm.
I agree... you can tell by the stones on the right upper arm that it is not high enough because those stones should be on the upper back / shoulder.

The next 2 sizes up do the exact same thing, it's not a size issue at this point, my shoulders just are too round to keep it up. A few other girls have the same problem but there's isn't as bad

Is it a team leotard - ie does it have to be identical to the others? If not, I think I would be tempted to take it to someone who makes leotards and ask them to remove the binding and sew in another piece of lycra around the neckline to close it up a bit. I think that the neckline is just too wide for it to be a leotard which is going to sit well on everyone, so in a way it is a design flaw, but not the kind probably that will mean they would take it back. Otherwise it may well be a case of gluing it on for the meets and selling it on asap. Maybe get in touch with surprisegymmom - she is in the States and is an awesome seamstress who makes leotards and may be able to advise you - I agree that you don't want someone messing with it who doesn't work with leos. Good luck and hope you get something sorted out - it is such a shame that you have had to pay for a leotard that you don't feel comfortable wearing.

Worse comes to worse, I'll go get the sleeve cut off and wear it to practice, I never sell my comp Leo's on I like to keep them, and my parents don't mind. They do have to look like everyone else or if be getting my senior one, which is a bad argument because if I'm wearing a tank I look completely different. I'll get some glue and let you know how it works!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back