WAG Leotard help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can you get a clear "bra strap" type of strap sewn in from shoulder to shoulder to pull it up? I would guess it would have to be sewn on one side, and then maybe a clip like a bathing suit on the other side. That way you can pull it up over your body, then attach it to the other side.

I'd try the butt glue, *plus* the bra with clear straps.

I sympathize...I've never been a gymnast, but I have round shoulders like you, and it's hard to get things to fit right.

Honestly? It looks too small. But it looks like it's pulling downward and stretching the neckline out. I still feel the sleeves are not pulled up so that the shoulders are sitting on your shoulders, but it may be too tight to get it pulled up more. I see where the seam for the sleeves is and it;s down onto your arm.
I agree. It looks like it needs to be pulled up more in the bodice and arms. Can you pull it up more and then maybe some glue??

I agree. It looks like it needs to be pulled up more in the bodice and arms. Can you pull it up more and then maybe some glue??
When I pull it up the breast area gets really big, it's hard to explain. Like there's a ton of extra fabric right there. I got some butt glue and I'll try it tomorrow, right now we have a baby in the house and she's to cute to go away from.

That looks really funky. Is it pulled up enough at the bottom? A lot of my newer girls like to try to wear their Leos so they are almost like boy shorts. When the leg openings get pulled up closer to the hip bones, it makes everything fit much better.

Also, a lot of our girls say that the sleeves are super tight in New Leos as well. Can you kind of shimmy the sleeves a bit higher on your arms? I had to do that to my daughter's Leo.

Also, sometimes they just need to stretch out. New Leos are typically suuuuper tight.

Also, a lot of our girls say that the sleeves are super tight in New Leos as well. Can you kind of shimmy the sleeves a bit higher on your arms? I had to do that to my daughter's Leo.

Also, sometimes they just need to stretch out. New Leos are typically suuuuper tight.
We've done all of that, I've been a gymnast for 14 years so I know all the tricks, the sleeves have defiantly been stretched out now, they are also high cut Leo's so I know not to pull it down, to me they look awkward that way

Well I tried the butt glue, and it helped the sleeves stay up, but the vneck is just a tad low.... My bra would show if we left it like that, so I guess we are back to nothing.

I felt I should update you all, my coach order a new one with me knowing, and it was really big in my opinion. I wore it for one meet and it moved around so much I decided to wear the other. I butt glued the shoulders and it helped and got me through the season. Thanks for all the help! Now we are arguing about next years Leo size.....

I see that this is no longer an issues because you are getting a new one next year. For the record, the shape is fixable, but you would need to completely de-construct all the seams, take up the shoulders and then re-shape the sleeve to fit in the new size armhole, and possibly take in the side seams a bit right under the armhole of the leo. It would be a lot of work, but it can be done. That said, the biggest issue is going to be with the rhinestones not looking proportional to what your teammates are wearing.

But honestly, for $200, I'd throw a fit and demand one that fits. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back