Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

on sunny days she worked on her bar skills in the backyard (with a large mat, under her, for safety of course) when a famous gymnastics coach was jogging by and noticed her talent

He said, "Wow! You are very good and have a lot of talent!! Keep working hard and maybe I will see you at the Olympics someday!" She was so happy she kept pushing herself to get better and perfect her skills. Her coach was very proud of her and one day....

After a few minutes of talking he told her "I would like her to come train with me at WOGA (World Olympic Gymnastics Academy)", and her regular coach approached her parents...

and started telling them about the whole thing. But after her coach was done talking her parents they looked unsatisfied.

They said that they would have to talk it over! 2 hours later after practice was done her parents approched the Olympic coach.

They said that they believed that there daughter was not ready yet to go train with them and after 6 months they would talk about it and maybe consider it again,determind on their daughters willingness,determination,and growth in the sport.....

They were mad at her and sent her to her room. Later she heard her parents talking quietly and she heard some of there conversation. "Maybe she is ready," her dad said. "But she is so young!" her mom answered back. She fell asleep thinking about the olympics.
Early the next morning...

she woke up calmer and thought about her problem. When she came downstairs she said to her parents, "Mom and Dad, you haven't watched me practice lately. Why don't you come in to the gym a couple times this week and see how I've improved, and then think about WOGA again". Her parents agreed.

The next day she went to the gym to workout her parents following her, she went over to the bars and showed them all of her new skills they were so impressed at how far she had come, so after class they talked to her about her training and said...

"This would be a massive step for us to take. It would mean either sending you away or moving house. You know that we support you fully in gymnastics so if this is what you really want and think is the best thing for you we'll do it. But think about it carefully because it will leave a lot resting on your dreams." She frowned, thinking and...

The next day at school, while putting her books away in her locker, she noticed a boy that she hadn't recognized before, glancing over and smiling at her. Blushing, she smiled back. The boy came over to her and said, "Hi, my name is Jake and I am new here--I just transferred from"...

a private school in Flordia." She said, "Hi, that's cool." "Yeah, well I am a little sad about moving," he said. "Oh well I hope you like our school and maybe I'll see you in some of my classes, Jake," Jenny said back. Jake answered, "Yeah, it will be nice seeing a friendly face around." She nodded, smiled and walked away. She knew right away that Jake was a cute and friendly guy but she was smart enough to know that a boy was not going to help with making her decision to go to WOGA...

(i just made her name Jenny because no one gave her a name.)

but way deep down a voice was telling her that, she will regret this. But Jenny being the determind person she is, ignored it and decided to chase her dreams, while she had the chance...

to become an olympian. Jenny knew girls like Nastia Liukin who went to WOGA and made it to the olympics and that's what Jenny really wanted to do. Jenny packed for Texas excited and ready to go...

when the doorbell rang. She went down to answer the door and saw that it was Jake from school holding a bouquet of flowers for her. "Hi Jenny." Jake said with a shy smile. I heard that you were getting ready to leave for your new gym and just wanted to stop by and wish you luck." Jenny was so shocked and excited that he had come over and brought her flowers. This was the first boy that had ever showed an interest in her and she was happy, excited, and sad all at the same time. "Ugh!" she thought, "why is that when I have a direction in my life and know what I want to do this stuff happens??"...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back