MAG Level 10 floor requirements and standards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Brandon

Coach
Gymnast
I'm making a video soon to send to colleges, but it's hard since I don't compete. I'd like to put together a floor routine to show them though. What are the requirements (holds, passes, etc) for a level 10 routine? And what's a 'standard' level 10 floor routine?

Thanks!

If you have any info on the other events, that's be great as well.

Well you have to open and end your routine with a c skill and then you need forward tumbling, backward, an Arabian skill, and nonacrobatic skill, then you need a side pass.

So like an example could be like first pass double back then like double full or full and a half lunch front. Drop to you chest and do a press side pass do an Arabian then finish your routine with front full

Thanks. I'm assuming these values are JO and not FIG? Where can I find a list of skill values for the JO code?

Any other input is appreciated :)

it's called "YouTube". go there and watch NCAA's this year. and NCAA is FIG as well as Level 10. there is no JO code. only the girls have "JO" code.

Well you have to open and end your routine with a c skill and then you need forward tumbling, backward, an Arabian skill, and nonacrobatic skill, then you need a side pass.

So like an example could be like first pass double back then like double full or full and a half lunch front. Drop to you chest and do a press side pass do an Arabian then finish your routine with front full

you don't know what you're talking about. he is asking an important question and you gave him a gobbledygook answer. geesh...

are you not the same guy that asked this question as it relates to "technical sequence" in a thread that you started?:

"How important is it? Should I do it or is it a waste of time?"

here is a level 10/elite routine from Winter Cup this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrRSgjCHIw

and here is Steve Legendre in 2008:

http://youtu.be/bGH6RMY9628

Mark Levin, and what he "yells" at some people that phone in to his show, comes immediately to mind here. :)

Hmm. So how does this sound?

Ro/bhs/double back
Ro/bhs/2 1/2
Side: Ro/arabian
Fall to push up
Flairs to splits
Press to roll out
Fhs/front full punch front

Does it meet the requirements? Seems like most level 10s on YouTube are doing double arabian now which makes this routine look easy. Should I add it in?

Edit: dunno, level 10 is not elite... Those are elite level routines. I'm talking level 10 which would be under college level even.

Most level tens are doing some elite skills that's probably why he linked those , but you could go watch Colton rudolf lv10 floor on YouTube to give you an idea , but I also am not competing, right now just training . So thanks for asking!

my point is that L10 is FIG. do you not understand what that means? oh my gosh...

I get that lvl 10 uses fig code. But what are the requirements for a routine? Like how many passes? How many holds or presses? Etc.

Level 10 is just a step under NCAA/Elite. Instead of having to dismount with a D, they dismount with a C. Some skills are banned (rollout skills on floor for example). The "basic" level 10 routine is typically

D skill, double flipping (full-in, double front, arabian double)
D twisting skill or C flipping skill (2-1/2 twist, double tuck, front double full)
Arabian Side Pass
Non-Acro (Split Press, Pike Press, Japanese Press, V-Sit, Pommel Work, ect.)
C twisting combo pass (1-1/2 punch front, front full punch front, front layout to Rudi, ect)
C dismount (double full, double back)

I think the routine you posted earlier would be great, except you cannot end with a combination like that (the front tuck would count as an A dismount, not the front full). If you added a double full at the end, I think that would be fine.

Thanks a ton! That helped a lot :p I'll be videoing this mock routine and sending it into colleges so I want it to be up to par. I'm thinking this should do the trick.

Ro/bhs/double back (C)
Ro/bhs/2 and 1/2 (D)
Side pass: ro/arabian (B)
Bhs/drop to push-up (A)
Flairs w/full spindle (B)
Stop in splits (A)
Wide arm press roll out (C)
Fhs/front full punch front (C+A)
Ro/bhs/double full (C)

Edit: how much bonus would the front full punch front pass get? I added up the numbers and I'm getting an SV of 12.3 which seems low, and this routine is pushing what I can do already :p

Thanks a ton! That helped a lot :p I'll be videoing this mock routine and sending it into colleges so I want it to be up to par. I'm thinking this should do the trick.

Ro/bhs/double back (C)
Ro/bhs/2 and 1/2 (D)
Side pass: ro/arabian (B)
Bhs/drop to push-up (A)
Flairs w/full spindle (B)
Stop in splits (A)
Wide arm press roll out (C)
Fhs/front full punch front (C+A)
Ro/bhs/double full (C)

Edit: how much bonus would the front full punch front pass get? I added up the numbers and I'm getting an SV of 12.3 which seems low, and this routine is pushing what I can do already :p

When you added it up, you didn't include the composition requirements. You get 0.5 for having each of the back, front, side, non acro, and dismount element groups, so it'll be 2.3 + 2.5 for a 4.8 difficulty or 14.80 start value.

The front full punch front would not get bonus. I believe in level 10 now it's D+A or C+C for bonus. Front full to rudi would get bonus. Or 2-1/2 punch front.

I would also try to do a barani out of the front full, it'll give you another tenth for doing a B instead of an A.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back