WAG Level 3 handstand on beam...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ac7179

Coach
Proud Parent
Is it cross handstand, split on top, come down...... Or kick up, stay split, never bring feet together?

I thought level three was supposed to be split, I just haven't had any clarification if the legs ever come together.

I thought it was just kick up and keep legs in a split. As in they never come together... but I could be wrong

^^This is what I thought, as well. The info they released clearly says "legs in split position" for the level 3 cross handstand, "legs together" for the level 4 and 5 cross handstand. So, they are going to tell us this weekend that they changed it?!

^^This is what I thought, as well. The info they released clearly says "legs in split position" for the level 3 cross handstand, "legs together" for the level 4 and 5 cross handstand. So, they are going to tell us this weekend that they changed it?!

Yep. I just saw the official video today... they changed it. It is a cross handstand with legs together.

Yep. I just saw the official video today... they changed it. It is a cross handstand with legs together.

I don't understand why they didn't release this change as soon as they knew it. They had to have known months ago that it was going to change if it made it into the compulsory book and official video.

Yes, tough for the kids competing in August to find this out in June! Any other changes like this?

Yes, tough for the kids competing in August to find this out in June! Any other changes like this?

I didn't really compare the video with the book yet.. this is the only one that really stood out too me but I will definitely look for more.

It doesn't seem like that big of a change to me. June to August should be plenty of time to learn to do a handstand with legs together instead of split.

Our gym doesn't compete level 4 (new 3), but the gym did make sure that they spent time adding this split handstand to our level 4 equivalent preteam group's curriculum. They can all do a handstand as well and hold it for a couple of seconds (now training for new 4) but it seems a shame that time was wasted on this. Kind of misleading on USA gymnastic's part.

There was an updated list at one point on the USAG site that showed level 3 as just a handstand. It was the same update that showed the new options for level 5 bars (sole circle, stalder, etc.). Of course it wasn't date...so most people probably missed it.

I'm at the clinic in reno right now. Level 3 handstand is vertical, legs together.

Shame; I would have much preferred a split handstand for both 3 and 4.

wow! my daughter was working on this right before she left for camp. It is good for her, she has no problem doing the normal handstand on beam, so this will be easier. Does seem crazy that so many gyms were working on learning it and now it is out.

its high kick handstand, split on top, then come down. i know because im IN level 3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back