Level 4 handstand to bridge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Floor Freak

Hello,

I'm a level 4 gymnast and I have a question about the handstand bridge in the floor routine. I started to learn the level 4 routines after state last year and have been following videos. My coach is now telling me that in my handstand bridge that it is just a tap with your feet then kick over [ in other words kick over right away once your toes touch ] . I have been pausing in the bridge at previous meets. The highest score I have got this season for floor has been a 9.7 so I dont know weather I should pause when doing it, or try it a differant way at the next meet. When I go to watch the videos again it turns out that the girl got a higher score by pausing in her kickover. If anyone knows could you please tell me how to do it the right way?

Competition is next week

Thanks.

As a level 4 coach, I have taught my gymnasts to show extension through the shoulders by pushing them over your hands BEFORE kicking over. It is what the judges are looking for, so if you have to take a slight pause to do so because you are not flexible enough, then so be it. Plus if you have a 9.7 with doing it, you must be doing something right haha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back