Level 5 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

PCG123

Im a level 5 Now and I have been having problems with Bars ... When I Do my kips I always put my hands to close and I Can fix it on low bar but When I get to high bar I have a hard time Connecting my back hip circle .. Any Advice ??? :eek:

are your elbows bent when you arrive in support on the high bar?

I am also in level 5 and have a similar problem of not being able to connect my back hip circle because I am having trouble casting out of my kip.

My arms are completely straight On high bar and I get a cast but My hands are to close togather so when I do the cast I have to stop because of how close my hands are ... And I cant seem to fix it

okay. ask your coaches to take a black marker pen and make 2 marks on the bar where your hands need to go. very simple. the ink won't hurt the bar and it will stay there for a couple of days.:)

Get a piece of pipe insulation from the hardware store. They come in a variety of sizes, and you just need to get the size that will "wrap" around the bar, probably 1.25 inch pipe diameter. Cut the insulation to length, to simulate the distance you want to have between your hands, put it onto the bar, and wrap it with tape to keep it from falling off.

This insulation spacer can slide along the bar.....to the center of the bar when you work your kip cast to keep your hands the right distance apart, and can slide to the end of the bar after your turn. It takes about 2 seconds to move it into place, and less to move it out of the way for the next gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back