Coaches Level 6 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks fliptwisttwirl! That's what I thought. So we will start out of a 9.9 today but the routine is real short and sweet. ( kip, squat-on, kip, 3/4 cast, clear-hip, fly-away) That's only 5 skills if there's no A cast but the routine is easier than the level 5. We have our giants but saving them for level 7 and need a few weeks to clean them up.
Our casts are not to handstand yet so we dropped down to level 6 at the last minute. I have kids who can do handstands but don't go
Wait...if A's are only worth .1, and the routine will start from a 9.9 if missing an A...then leaving it out permanently would be "best"? Because leaving it out entirely costs less than any deductions incited by performing said skill imperfectly ??
That can't be right??for them out of their kips, frustrating! I'm betting on it bei

I was thinking along the same lines but do we need a skill from group 3,6 or 7? And why not one giant?

I think there has to be a circling element such as: clear-hip or stalder to fulfill SR. I'm thinking any 1st year optional or kid new to giants is going to lose a tenth or more for bent arms or shape, so I'm going with the 9.9 start value routine. We are thinking about throwing a level 7 routine ( clear-hip to giant) in a level 6 meet to get some experience and have fun at our next meet;)

I think there has to be a circling element such as: clear-hip or stalder to fulfill SR. I'm thinking any 1st year optional or kid new to giants is going to lose a tenth or more for bent arms or shape, so I'm going with the 9.9 start value routine. We are thinking about throwing a level 7 routine ( clear-hip to giant) in a level 6 meet to get some experience and have fun at our next meet;)

So then kip, squat on, kip, cast 3/4, giant, layout would start from a 9.5 and not a 9.9? That's what I'm getting. I have a kid who struggles with clear hips but has giants even though she can't cast to vertical yet. Was hoping that I could get away with no clear hip for one more season :)

Yes. I believe it's a 9.5 start value. I have two kids like yours. Their clear hip is actually 3/4 to handstand but struggle with the glide on low bar coming out of it. Because this is a strength issue I can't fix over night, I prefer they do the clear hip on high bar. They are just getting the clear hip to giant but not consistent enough to compete at our next meet. And they want to compete their giants. So we may wait a few more weeks. Sometimes it's a tough call;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back