WAG Level 6 Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Interesting. My dd is getting nice height with barely casting over horizontal. When she casts higher, and this is why she doesn't :), she gets tremendous height on the tuck flyaway and it scares her. She almost has to do a layout flyaway when her casts are high.
This. And as her layout flyaway isn't there yet, she settles for a half arsed cast...lol.

8.8 seems really high for no dismount! My DD did the same thing at a meet (flyaway fear only out of giant) and her coaches made her get back up and do a dismount. She looked mad at the time but I remember looking it up and there were multiple deductions for no dismount- it seems even up to a whole point? Not sure, but I was glad she got back up only if just to get off again

Interesting. My dd is getting nice height with barely casting over horizontal. When she casts higher, and this is why she doesn't :), she gets tremendous height on the tuck flyaway and it scares her. She almost has to do a layout flyaway when her casts are high.

This happened to my daughter at her last meet. She said biggest cast on high bar she has ever had, huge flyaway and didn't know the feeling of when to release... The kid probably could've went around twice lol... Needless to say she didn't stick it lol

8.8 seems really high for no dismount! My DD did the same thing at a meet (flyaway fear only out of giant) and her coaches made her get back up and do a dismount. She looked mad at the time but I remember looking it up and there were multiple deductions for no dismount- it seems even up to a whole point? Not sure, but I was glad she got back up only if just to get off again
As long as she had all her A and B skills and the other three special requirements and casts were close to handstand, the missing dismount would only cost the 0.5 ding to the SV for missing special requirement... so the judges took 0.7 in other deductions.

DD hits vertical or close most of time- got her clear hip to handstand recently. Consistency still in progress. She has bent knee issue on her handstands. Scores average low 9's if she controls free hip. Looking forward to a routine when she can nail it for judges.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back