Level 7 Beam Leap & Turn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momo

I was looking over the optional requirements the other day and wondered, if a routine includes a 180° split jump is a leap still required? My question for the turn is, can a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 turn be used at level 7?

The split jump fulfills the 180 degree requirement. It is also a B, so it is typically a better choice than a leap anyway.

I don't have my code in front of me, but I'm pretty sure there is no 1 1/4 turn in the code, so if a gymnast does 1 1/4 she would receive either an underturn or an overturn deduction.

A 1 1/2 turn on beam is a B, so it is an acceptable skill at L7.

I may be wrong but my coach said that a 1 1/4 is in the code but it is very hard to do without it looking like you couldnt stop your full turn. I think it is worth the same as a 1/1. but all this info could be wrong

I don't know why, but I kept thinking a 1 1/2 turn was a C.
Thank you all for the helpful information.
Hopefully I can get some good stuff going on the beam :)

Deduction for less than a 180 degree split jump for level 7

She does something where while standing up on the beam she bends over then grabs the beam with both hands and kicks her back leg up to 180 degrees, kind of like a scale but her head is touching her knees. Is this a skill and does it account for a 180? But her split jump is not quite 180. What is e deduction? Thanks.

A 1 1/2 turn is a c. My daughter did it . I think some judges thought she had made a mistake.

Yeah, 1 1/2 on beam is a B. Which is odd...I would think it would be a C, because 2/1 turn is a D on beam/C on floor, and 1 1/2 turn on FLOOR is also a B. So, it would seem logical to me that 1 1/2 turn on beam would be a C, but it isn't.

I would have thought that if a gymnast did a 1 1/4 turn to side stand on the beam, she would just be credited for the full, but it seems per gympanda's explanation that the turning angle has to be exact in increments of 180* or a deduction will apply.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back