WAG Level 8 beam help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Stellar

Proud Parent
My DD is a level 8 who has been dealing with an elbow issue (little league elbow) for the past month. She is starting to come back, but BHS on beam (and on floor) still bother her elbow. Her current beam routine has BHS BHS in it, but her elbow may not be ready for that impact. Any thoughts on any flight series she can replace it with? She was playing around with Tinsica round off.

thanks! I plan on talking to the coaches today. She is also going back to the Dr this week. I was just curious what non-traditional (i.e. BHS BHS) options anyone else has seen.

One of my old teammates did back walkover switch legs in the handstand then roundoff.
I have no idea about level 8 rules but can she do back tuck back tuck?
One-armed backhandsprings always look cool too.

Another option is to let her elbow heal completely!

just an update- DD went to Dr and elbow is healing well. Dr. said she can train and do any skills that don't bother her elbow. She has a travel meet (in Florida) next weekend that we booked flights to, and we are still going- but for beam the coaches have taken out her BHS BHS and replaced it with cartwheel roundoff. They said it's easy for her to do in the short timeframe. I know it's only a short term replacement while her eblow fully recovers, but it seems like such a step backwards. But DD is so happy that we can still go and that she can compete all events (even if they are watered down routines) so I guess that's all that matters..

I was going to suggest a BWO back tuck, if she has a back tuck.

Sounds like you have wise coaches. She can still compete and doesn't need to stress over trying to learn (and stick) a more difficult series in the short time frame. And it never hurts to add another option to her routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back