Lots of luck needed! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
Hey everyone,

Please send luck my way for the next couple of weeks! I have 2 gymnasts doing British Voluntary Level 4 - One who is in age (Age 9) and one who is out of age (age 11) on 2nd and 3rd October.

We are definately in need of the following:

Straight armed kip, and cast towards handstand fairies
BWO BHS Beam fairies
High flying Vault fairies
Stuck landings fairies

I know I'm being greedy, but if you have some to spare please please please can we have them!

For my 9yr old, this will be her most important comp ever as there is a chance of a national final (although this isn't our goal) Her bars and vault aren't really up to scratch, but hey, I'm amazed at how much she has improved in 1 year!

Please wish us good luck as we polish routines and skills and prepare for this competition!

Sending a huge box of assorted fairies your way. My 11 year old is working on sismilar things for her Nov meet, though no the beam series. BEst of luck to both of your girls.

WHat level are the rest of your group training?

Sending fairies your way from Missouri! Best of luck to both your girls! If you could send them back soon after that would be great as Alex has her first level 5 meet on Oct 16th. 3 days after she turns 11.

Sending a huge box of assorted fairies your way. My 11 year old is working on sismilar things for her Nov meet, though no the beam series. BEst of luck to both of your girls.

WHat level are the rest of your group training?

thanks Bog!

The others are competing Level 5 again as they didn't quite get the score needed to move up in our region last time. One of them isn't competing this year she just wasn't ready and as she did get the score to move up last year she can't repeat level 5.

Thanks everyone!

My 9 yr old had her comp today!

We started with general warm up, then 12 min warm up on each piece, starting on floor. She has been struggling with her front tuck in training so we opted to just have tuck front on its own, rather than a step out into robhsbt. However, today the did amazing front tucks and could easily have done the step out! grr! But we took the deduction, opting for a neat and tidy routine.
Beam warm up went ok, but only 1 out of 3 bwobhs stuck - everything else went well though.

Then on to the competition. Beam was up first, bwo bhs stuck cold! Full spin - FALL!!! argh!! She NEVER falls on full spins! but I has just happy she stuck the bhs! Everything else was nice - and she did the most beautiful split leap I've seen her do! She scored 9.1 out of a 12.9 SV so Lots of room for improvement, but other than the fall on the spin, she did what I expected.

On to floor - at the comp the gymnasts just get a touch warm up, so she had 1min30 to do whatever she needed. Then she was up to compete - She totally blanked on the whole routine! EEK! She missed out a whole bit of dance and went straight into her first tumble, meaning she was well ahead of music, but realised and slowed her split leap catleap right down - actually did it quite nicely! Then, she turned around and went straight into her tuck front, instead of doing a whole load of dance (tuck front was supposed to be her last skill!) She landed on her feet as per the warm up, and then looked completely lost. She ended up sticking all her skills in and making the rest of the routine up! BUT the skills she did were good, just not really difficult enough for the level of competition - but we knew that anyway! 9.55/12.4
The nightmare on floor obviously threw her but she did well, a slightly lower score than I had anticipated but mainly because of the lack of choreography I guess!

Vault was a simple handspring - Again, lots of room for improvement - needed more flight on and off but scored 10.4/12.4

And finally Bars - she got her straight armed kips - half turning, drop and long, BUT didn't link any of the routine although it was very neat and the straddle shoot was stuck! 10.45/13.1 - amazingly her best score - I thought this would be her toughest apparatus!

Overall it was a good comp - despite the floor! She did her best and we only really went for experience. As yet I don't know where she came as full results will come tomorrow or Monday.

The winner scored a total of 51 - she competed a tucked tsuk on vault, clear circle to handstand, giants and straight fly away on bars, so she had much more difficulty than my gymnast.

It's given us a lot of food for thought - and I think my little one has realised how important the little things are - pointed toes, straight legs, stuck landings, linking bar routines and connections on beam etc.
We've got 5 weeks before the next comp and she has already set herself goals and she definately wants to improve her AA score, even if she could score 10.5 on each apparatus, which I think is achievable in that time scale!

Anyway, thanks again for the good luck and fairies!
Got to go to bed now as up at 6am again tomorrow ready for my 11 yr old's comp!

Yep, the 11 yr old also did really well! Unfortunately she had 2 falls from beam - full spin and cartwheel! But other than that a good comp - she performed a lovely handspring vault and linked her bar routine. She also had a great floor routine. Just lots of little things to iron out now - she struggles with keeping her legs straight and hardly ever points her toes - also her casts on bars were a little low, so we had a chat about these things tonight and hopefully she will remember to try her hardest to work on these things from now on!

She scored 39.25 overall - just .25 behind her little sister (the 9yr old)!

Found out the results today but can't remember them exactly. I think the 9 yr old came 26th/30 - I was hoping for top 20 but hey I'm pleased with her performance! The 11 yr old finised in 32nd/fortysomething - again, had hoped for slightly higher ranking, but I guess it's down to how well others do on the day too!

Training tonight was good - both gymnasts achieved their tuck front step out robhsbt from a springboard and both had a go at it on the floor. The 9 yr old started working on bhs to 2 feet and it looks like it might be ready for the next comp, and we started doing tsuk preps!! Exciting! (Don't expect the tsuk to be ready by the next comp though! Maybe next year!!)

Great news, your 11 yr old sounds like my 11 year old DD. ALways little things to fix, but she plods along happily!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back