Parents Love Summer Uptraining!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Holy cow!!! You're still competing? I didn't realize kids were still that deep into competition season. Is your child a high level gymnast doing the regionals/nationals thing or are these just standard meets? I don't know a lot about other regions so I just assumed that everyone finished up by early May or so.

Holy cow!!! You're still competing? I didn't realize kids were still that deep into competition season. Is your child a high level gymnast doing the regionals/nationals thing or are these just standard meets? I don't know a lot about other regions so I just assumed that everyone finished up by early May or so.
She was at Canadian Nationals this past weekend. In Canada this is the end of the meet season for national level gymnasts.

I so wish we were at the end of comp season!! Just about to head into it here. Hate it!

Really? Even at the beginning? I'm always exited for the first three or so. I don't get burned out until about half way though

Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

They were practising giants in straps yesterday at one of the bars stations, while the coach spotted cast to handstands on the other bars, and when it was DD's turn her best friend asked her "can you do 10?" Of course DD took that as a dare and did 10! I had to laugh - she was so dizzy when she stopped and we all laughed!

This time of year is such fun!

Really? Even at the beginning? I'm always exited for the first three or so. I don't get burned out until about half way though

Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

LOL yep just hate it, I sort of don't have a competitive bone in my body so I don't really get the point. It just means early mornings/driving/sorting out other kids. My older gymnast also doesn't really get it either, so for us it's just a thing that has to be survived to be able to do the training.
This year I have some extra complications that will mean the getting to the comps situation is going to be extra stressful (other comps/kids/dh away) so I'm extra dreading it, lol.

Don't like winter either so I think I'm just wishing the rest of this year away, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News