Make It or Break It --- ABC Family --- June 22nd 9/8c

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rate "Make It or Break It" using the scale below.

• Gold

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • ....didn't even qualify to state.

Votes: 42 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Episode 10 was worth watching. Drama was more clever and believable for the most part. The acting was decent and not overly done like the show has partially been. Couple of good surprises there too (I ordinarily don't expect any from this show). Good closures to the lingering story lines (some started to get lame and annoying). There were also some real skills used this time around.

While I'm not one who is touched by (stupid) teenage (or more for that matter) romance (way to go Kailey!), I have a tendency to go soft over well played parent/child or adult/child moments. There were several nice ones there this time.

Good way to close the season. I also like the way the show left things open for a number of options next season. It felt somewhat satisfying and yet (not overly) wanting for more. I always like shows (like many classics) that can be enjoyed as a long series or as individual episodes.

Now my big questions for those who know... What's up with the heavy makeup? Forgive my ignorance, do they allow that at big meets like Nationals? I thought makeup isn't allowed at any meet, period. Oh, another thing, is it typical to hold a National Championship as a 2-day event?:confused:

What's up with the heavy makeup? Forgive my ignorance, do they allow that at big meets like Nationals? I thought makeup isn't allowed at any meet, period. Oh, another thing, is it typical to hold a National Championship as a 2-day event?:confused:

Well... I wear makeup to all my meets. I don't think it's banned... more just a "don't look unclassy" kinda thing. :p

Nationals for elites is always a 2 day event here in the US - as is Olympic Trials. :)

Well... I wear makeup to all my meets. I don't think it's banned... more just a "don't look unclassy" kinda thing. :p
Yeah, I think "looking classy/respectful" is the idea.

To be honest, I have never seen anyone with makeup on in any of the meets, ours or others. Our coaches tell us not to so our girls don't. Apparently, girls from other gyms are getting the same message as well. If anything at all, some of the optionals may put on just a tad, hardly noticible at all from where the judges are standing. In our normal practice at the gym, that's another matter. Pretty much anything goes. In MIBI, it showed just the opposite (especially with Emily).

I was super confused with Payson's injury! There sweatshirts said it was 2009... but she was worried about making the 2012 team which was just around the corner? Is it just that Payson's injury is so bad she can never return to the sport?

Is it just that Payson's injury is so bad she can never return to the sport?

That was my understanding. Her mom said that if she went to gymnastics she would never walk again. I looked it up, and it's a spinal cord injury... I assume that if it got worse, it would paralyse her.

So, is Payson being written off the show? Or, is there more to that plot? Hmm...

Let's ask Holly. Then again, even if she is still monitoring this thread, she won't tell us anyway.:( Maybe she still doesn't know.

I was super confused with Payson's injury! There sweatshirts said it was 2009... but she was worried about making the 2012 team which was just around the corner? Is it just that Payson's injury is so bad she can never return to the sport?

well her parents told her that the doctors
said if she were to do gymnastics
she mite never walk again

if something like that happened to me i'd be VERY VERY
UPSET :x:x:x

Our meet leos were the ones worn by that "bad" Denver gym, so our girls were excited for the last episode.

Some very weird medical stuff. They had Payson giving herself injecitons of cortisone? Couldn't tell if she was going to do it IV or where----pretty hard to give yourself an injection right in the back. Also it would set off bells/whistles when she was drug tested after the meet. Lastly the diagnosis of a fracture in the very low back(lumbosacral) does not lead to paralysis beause the spinal cord stops at about the 1st lumbar vertebrae, but I guess it sounded very dramatic.

At least they didn't do anything beyond belief by having Emily come from 20th to win the AA.

So, is Payson being written off the show? Or, is there more to that plot? Hmm...

Let's ask Holly. Then again, even if she is still monitoring this thread, she won't tell us anyway.:( Maybe she still doesn't know.

I heard a suggestion that Payson could come back as a coach, which would be awesome and totally plausible! I don't want to lose her as a character, she is my favourite!!

Ughhhh! I was so madddd, we were going to get the leo's that the denver elite club was wearing in nationals. In those same colors too! But My coach didn't want other gyms to think we were copying them so now we have to get different ones :( but oh well lol.

I just watched the final episode. I have to say there were some parts of the series that made me cringe. Other parts were done really well. I had to take my 'gym nerd' head off whilst watching and tried to imagine that I knew nothing about gymnastics.
I liked that the skills were all called by their proper names and were described well. I foud it quite amusing that there were more alternates at Nationals than there were competing team members - I think there were 4 competing members and 6 alternates!

As for the final episode, I enjoyed it! Would be absolutely gutted if Payson's character doesn't come back! I didn't like the slapped on make-up, but surprisingly I actually did like that the team all wore different leotards!

As for the final episode, I enjoyed it! Would be absolutely gutted if Payson's character doesn't come back! I didn't like the slapped on make-up, but surprisingly I actually did like that the team all wore different leotards!

I did too. I would be really upset if Payson doesn't return, but I think she will. I loved the different leos too! They were unified, but different at the same time. Loved it! :)

I loved the different leos too! They were unified, but different at the same time. Loved it! :)
Was anyone like me who kept checking to see if they were consistently wearing the same leos from scene to scene.

After a while, I lost track so I gave up.:D

I didn't like this show at all.... It was so unrealistic and showed gymnastics in such a negative way. However that didn't stop me from watching it every week:p

Did it bother anyone else that Kaylee won after everything that happened?? In my opinion, she didn't deserve it. She never worked hard at practice, and gymnastics was never her first priority. You can't just decide that you want to win one day, and go do it. It takes hard work and dedication for YEARS.

Also, I'm going to be really mad if Payson is gone next season. She was the only girl who I felt was a real gymnast. It was so unfair that everyone got a happy ending except her:(

My daughter's team had those leos last year and are competing in them again this year. It was so cool to see them on tv!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back