Meet report-first one done! LONG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well the first meet is over. I will start by saying I never want to have 2 girls competing on different sides of the gym. I about went nuts! I never sat down once, running back and forth trying to see both and video both!:eek:

Little DD...first I will say that she improved her AA score by 2 points over her last meet AND she qualified for state!:) I am thrilled with this! So proud of her...she overcomes so much every day. First was vault, I had not seen her vault in months but she told me it was "awesome". :p And it was...she got an 8.7 (up from low 7's last season). Next was bars and she MADE her shoot through...but went over on the mill circle and coach had to help her up. Score was 7.85 but up from 6's last year. I really hope she can hit all the skills in one routine at least once this season! Next...beam....sigh. She fell twice and gosh she still struggles with this but with two falls her score was still higher than it was last year. Floor was last and she struggles with form...thought her BHS was good...score 7.85. Anyway, her highest place was 9th on bars but that is ok. It is not about placements with her...but about improvement and we saw lots of it!

Older DD...first Xcel gold meet. First was vault, she has improved so much from last season (scores in the 7's). So proud of her for improving and she had a 8.65. Huge score for her on vault. Next was bars, she just looked kind of off...not connecting and bent legs here and there but did the flyway so that is a big deal and her score was 8.65. That's a low bar score for her but it was about right I think...definitely room for improvement. Beam...she had a huge crash on BWO in warmup and ended up sobbing right beforehand. She did fall on the BWO but made the full turn :Dand tuck dismount:). Score 8.4. Last was floor and she has finally gotten ahold of the BHS...score 9.025 and 5th place. First 9 on floor since level 4! AA 34.7 something so not bad and I think she was 8th place...not sure. Oh, and she qualified for state too!:)

Overall some falls and tears but I was proud of both of them. There is so much to process when you are watching two of them with very different skills and goals. I am enjoying watching older DD become more graceful and confident...when she hits that BWO I think she is going to have a nice beam score. I am hoping little DD will continue to improve on beam...still a scary low score there but she did fall twice. If and when she does a whole bar routine without falling I am having a party with all of you invited! :p

I put both of them in the same video so it is LONG but it was easier to do it that way! Please ignore my commentary at the end during the floor routines.:eek:Just can't seem to keep my mouth shut!

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. Next meet is in 3 weeks. I am sure it will come up quick!

can't watch on my tablet. Sounds like a good start for both kiddos.. glad you survived the running from end to endof the gym !!!

can't watch on my tablet. Sounds like a good start for both kiddos.. glad you survived the running from end to endof the gym !!!

aw man. Do I have some setting checked that doesn't let you watch? Bummer. Anyway, yes it was a good start and a very crazy start for me!

Congrats to both of them, and to YOU for surviving watching two at once! I can't even imagine! I accept your invitation to that party! ;)

Congrats to your dds (and you!) for surviving the first meet of the season. I watched your video and could tell it was chaotic going back and forth. Both of your dds are beautiful gymnasts and a joy to watch. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations to your DDs! How exhausting to have to shuffle between sessions. I think you deserve a medal (and to be taken out to ice cream after the meet) for all your efforts :) I can't even imagine being doubly anxious on a meet day. What a day!

Yikes - I can just imagine you running all around the gym! I have felt a bit like that at times when I've volunteered to film a friend's routines who was in the same gym as DD but a different rotation, so I'd be running from one vantage point to another to get the best shots, and trying not to miss one because I was busy filming the other! At least I could prioritize my DD and not feel too bad - if they were both my DDs it would have been tough!

Congrats to your DDs for their improvements. I understand where you are coming from, because most of the time my DD isn't in the running for medals and placements either - her form isn't great. She's now in her second year as a level 4 because she hasn't gotten all of her level 5 routines learned yet (we don't train much in the summer, so they are all very "green" this early in the season), and now she might start to get better placements.

Wow, sounds like an exhausting time! I'm impressed that you managed to get them both on tape. Good for you little one for making state! She has really made alot of progress. And I really enjoyed your older DD's floor routine. Very graceful. They are looking good for the first meet of the season!

ok when I went straight to youtube & typed your name in the seach I could watch on my tablet. wierd. anyway, great job they did. beam is always un-nerving. my DD does ok on beam but always looks like she is in a hurry to get the heck off. they are wrking with her on this & now have her say 'one' in her head after she hits each pose. It eally seems to be helping her presentation & wobbles because she has to slow down. maybe it would help your girls too. HC always tells them not to worry about the bell that she prefers the 1/10 deduction for going over to the 5/10 for a fall.

so many improvements for your little one, she should be proud. vault is hard.

loved your older DD beam mount & her leaps on floor are beaustiful.

Kudos to you for running around the gym to see each one as she competed---and keep track of the scores! Big congrats to both for qualifying to states and showing so much improvement. You had a wonderful day.

Nice beginning to the season for both of your girls!! It is sooo interesting to see how different X-Cel is in different areas of the country! Here in Missouri there is only one X-Cel level. It is somewhere in between 6 and 7. Way to go for both girls to have already qualified for states!! We have states in less than a month.

I really like your older DD's floor music. Very dramatic!! And I can't wait for the party!!

Oh, and way to go mom for not missing any of the action for both girls! I guess the speed fairies made it there!! And if it is possible that we could borrow some full turn on beam fairies for states that would be AWESOME!!

Nice beginning to the season for both of your girls!! It is sooo interesting to see how different X-Cel is in different areas of the country! Here in Missouri there is only one X-Cel level. It is somewhere in between 6 and 7. Way to go for both girls to have already qualified for states!! We have states in less than a month.

I really like your older DD's floor music. Very dramatic!! And I can't wait for the party!!

Oh, and way to go mom for not missing any of the action for both girls! I guess the speed fairies made it there!! And if it is possible that we could borrow some full turn on beam fairies for states that would be AWESOME!!

We have 4 levels of Xcel here...and I have yet to figure out much about the whole thing. I think Gold is kind of in between 5 and 6 but many were competing back tucks and baby giants so who knows. My DD was kind of doing some 5 skills and some 6. She did take a couple things out of her beam and floor routines that would have gotten deductions...so weird to me how you can just take something out...definitely not used to that yet! ;)
And I would be happy to send those full turn fairies out to you although I will warn you they are kind of wobbly fairies at times. Hee hee.

We have 4 levels of Xcel here...and I have yet to figure out much about the whole thing. I think Gold is kind of in between 5 and 6 but many were competing back tucks and baby giants so who knows. My DD was kind of doing some 5 skills and some 6. She did take a couple things out of her beam and floor routines that would have gotten deductions...so weird to me how you can just take something out...definitely not used to that yet! ;)
And I would be happy to send those full turn fairies out to you although I will warn you they are kind of wobbly fairies at times. Hee hee.

we have 4 levels as well. Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum. My DD will compete Gold in Jan. it is L5/6 here too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back