Coaches Meet week workouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hammy1207

Coach
Judge
I'm trying to revamp the workouts that we do the week of a meet. My level 3s come MWF 3 hrs each day an my level 4s come MTTF 3 hours each day. Last year we just did a lot of routines, but I'm looking to make it more of a prep for the meet. The Friday before (night before) we always have a mock meet.

What are some workouts and games that you like to do the week of the meet? With a week and a half before the meet, this week we've planned routine pieces, make 5 show number 6 for a pass of each element, etc..Thanks!

Having a mini competition is always fun! Having the girls or boys get up one at a time and having the other kids give them a score. You could break up some of the skills and have a dismount competition; where say each girl does her dismount of beam and if they take a step on the landing they are disqualified, the girls that stick the landing are still in the game and keep going until everyone else is disqualified and there is one winner.
You could try doing "synchronised beam routines" if you have the high beams close together and the girls have the same routine. You could have a competition with who can hold a handstand the longest, you can do the most tick tocks. Fun competitive things make the kids focussed and really concentrate on what they're doing and get them mentally prepared for people watching them and being put head to head against other people.

I like the ideas! We played a game last night where we divided into three teams and each team competed 3 routines and the team with the most points won (we did this with beam and floor).

On bars I gave them the challenge of making 50 routines (as a team) in 30 minutes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back