Parents Missing beam elements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, the rule is same element can be counted as a value part twice in a routine as long as performed in a different connection. Either together or connected to other elements(i.e. Could do straddle jump/split jump and then Straddle jump/back tuck). An element performed a third time never gets credit. Gymnasts sometimes run into this when re-attempting a series - BWO, stop, walk forward, BWO/BWO connected. The 3rd BWO does not count as a value part, so cannot be used to get credit for a series.

We go through the routine essentially 3 times. 1 - Count all the value parts, A, B, C etc. to see they have enough for level. 2 - see all special requirements for the level are met. 3 - add all deductions taken. Then another step is added at level 9/10, adding in bonus for connecting certain value parts.

The first 2 steps(and bonus at 9/10) give us the start value, then subtract deductions to get final score.
Thanks for explaining

One more question, does the dismount count as both a skill be it A or B and as the dismount. or is that "double" dipping.

So you need 5 As.

Do you need 5 As then an A dismount or can it be 4 As (on the beam) plus the A dismount for the 5th A.

No connection required to get credit for dismount at any level.

All split leaps/jumps are expected to reach 180. They must be within 45 degrees to get credit as an element(so 135) and receive up to 0.2 execution deduction for insufficient split if between 135-179.
Given the state of my kids angles this provide a wee bit of comfort. I think she is at least not losing credit.

Thanks for explaining

One more question, does the dismount count as both a skill be it A or B and as the dismount. or is that "double" dipping.

So you need 5 As.

Do you need 5 As then an A dismount or can it be 4 As (on the beam) plus the A dismount for the 5th A.
Yes can count dismount in the total. Dismount, and any element, can count as both a value part(A,B etc) and as a special requirement.

Hmmm, I read it quickly, then someone else commented that 9.1 was impressive with those missing parts, and I put them together. I'd delete my comment now, but you know I can't--its too late. Thanks for setting it straight.
That was me, who also read it quickly, oops.:rolleyes::oops:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back