DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
My wife and I are almost done with our mobile phone contracts. We are looking for phones that have great video and picture quality. What does everyone recommend? iPhone vs. Android...what is better? We could switch phones and stay with our current carrier...the phone would be some sort of HTC phone. Does anyone have an HTC phone? Are they good?

My dh has the HTC 3G droid incredible. I have the HTC 4G thunderbolt. They both have their own unique "issues", but I think any technical smartphone you would get would have those. For the most part, we are very happy with them. We took pics at the beach with mine of the boys skimboarding (action shots) and when I posted them on FB, I actually had a friend ask me what camera we used because they were so good (!-I'm NOT a photographer, lol) When I told her it was just my phone, she couldn't believe it.
Smartphones def. take some getting used to, but now that we have them, I couldn't imaging NOT having one. The video quality is pretty good, too. At first, I have some problems with my sd card unmounting. I looked it up online, and that seems to be a fairly common problem for my phone. I took it out and reformatted it on my own computer and it has worked great ever since. I would recommend doing that first so you don't loose any photos or videos...just to be on the safe side-even if it seems okay at first(mine did, too)
I have a few friends with iphones, and I think the quality is probably better-photo and video wise, but I guess there are less apps(?) so I guess it just depends on what you want.

I am not a very tech savvy person, so this is just a layman's experience with androids, lol. Good luck and have fun choosing!!

I have the Droid X and love it. It's had it's issues, but all phones do. I got it over a year ago and I think the newer X is either out or out soon. Mine has 720p video and does a pretty good job. No zoom on the video though. I love Android! My best friend had the Thunderbolt, but didn't like something about it (battery life maybe? can't remember) and got the Charge 4G (Verizon). My mom has the HTC 4G (Sprint) and loves it. My husband is going to get one that's supposed to be coming out soon (through Verizon) that's 4G but I can't remember the name of it. So we're all Android around here! :)

I just made the switch from droid to iPhone, and I don't regret it at all. The iPhone is truly as amazing as everyone says it is! The picture/video quality is outstanding for a phone and when I upload to my computer it still looks like decent quality. It also has a crazy good battery life. So if it's a possibility, definitely go with the iPhone!

I have the IPhone 4. It has great video. I used it to video while I was in South Africa on a safari a couple of months ago and the quality was amazing. The camera is decent. It had a good zoom and built in flash.

My DD had the HTC Inspire and the camera is really good.

just another thing to add. my oldest brother has an iphone and says he can go a couple says without charging it, while my mom has the droid and it only lasts through about the middle of the day. i dont know if it has to do with the phones or if it is my mom having to many apps open/ :D

just another thing to add. my oldest brother has an iphone and says he can go a couple says without charging it, while my mom has the droid and it only lasts through about the middle of the day. i dont know if it has to do with the phones or if it is my mom having to many apps open/ :D

I think it depends on the apps and the amount that the phone is being used throughout the day. I know that when I use my phone a lot during the day to play games, listen to music, camera/video, etc...that it barely lasts a day. If I don't use it much I'll get closer to 2 days out of it.

^^ My brother's and my droid died every night whether we used it a lot or a little throughout the day. I think they just have very poor battery lives. But the iPhone is a million times better and I only have to charge it every other night.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back