My dd had a competition last month

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hope I put this in the right spot. Or is there a forum to show video's? HAven't been here for so long, things have changed, so let me know, if i should put video's in another spot, if I can ever find out again, how you can post them on the forum.

Very nice routines, she has grown up so much. For that number of hours a week she is very impressive.

Thanks, she sure has improved. Bars is still her not favorite routine, she is still scared of the dismount, but tends to do it. She started working with the things on her hands since end of December, so it took her a couple of weeks to get used to that. She should be doing the kip on bars, but she just can't do it, so that is a missing element. Not sure if she has to do the turning around thing backwards as compulsary.

She had a good year last year, with 2 bronze medal, and 1 gold. We only do All Round, no seperate medals for different apparatus. She went to our regional final and district final. Which we didn't expect to happen.

She has her next this Saturday, so hopefully she will do well again.

Congrats! Her beam and floor are more difficult than US Level 5 - and she looks fantastic doing them!

Wow, that was really neat! It's interesting to see how other countries do things. Her floor was really nice and I loved her beam mount!

So nice to see you back here!! Talitha is certanly a young lady now! You can tell she loves floor and it looks really nice. Congrats to her for 2nd place.

Like the leos too!

So nice to see you back here!! Talitha is certanly a young lady now! You can tell she loves floor and it looks really nice. Congrats to her for 2nd place.

Like the leos too!

Thanks gymlawmom. It is nice to be back. Talitha is about as tall as me now. And yes she does love floor. She has had this music since she moved to this club, where the comp. was being held and if you look at the different years on my channel, you can see the improvement.

The leo's are from The Zone in the UK and new this year. This Saturday we can also see their new trainingsoutfits, so will make special pictures of that too.

WOW!!! She has really grown up a lot, and her skills have really improved too!! Her roundoff/cartwheel on beam is actually a Level 7 skill here in the US!!! And I love her RO/BHS in her floor routine! When my DD was a L7 she absolutely HATED back tumbling, so whenever she could get out of it, she could... that was one of her tumbling passes at that time! She just didn't like doing a BHS out of a round off.

For her bars, she'll have a great routine once she can put that kip in! What's the turning around backwards thing you're talking about? A switch kip?

For her bars, she'll have a great routine once she can put that kip in! What's the turning around backwards thing you're talking about? A switch kip?

ThanksTumblequeensmom. I am so glad she is loving it. Didn't know that her roundoff/cartwheel was such a high level. I hope she stays on the beam with this coming comp. And her floor routine has really improved, and this last comp. she was awesome, she just beamed. Only with the jumps somewhere in the middle, they weren't very high, because when she was doing it, she felt her ankle sort of almost going through it, so she was like, I will not go as high as I can, and just be safe, so I can finish the routine.

The turning round backwards, let me see if I can explain. You sit squatted on the low bar, stretch your legs and go backwards and end up squatting on the low bar again and continue on to high bar. Hope I explained it right. lol

Caina--tell her she will love the sole circle(also called a toe circle) once she gets it. In the US, it can be done at L6 instead of a squat on. My gymmie detested squat ons and worked really hard to get it. The girls used to have contests to see who could do the most before getting so dizzy they would fall off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back