MAG My intro to MAG forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

LilHawkMom

Proud Parent
Hello! I thought I would introduce myself here since I have a boy in gymnastics and this is mostly where I would be posting. My son started gymnastics at age 6 by accident and even gave up soccer for it (after I had just paid for a year of soccer!). But I am glad he did and he is just obessed with gymnastics! We have had a few changes in gyms since starting gymnastics which was hard but in the end totally worth it even though now it is a 2 hour round trip drive. We left our first gym since the coach wasn't doing proper stretching and strength and it was mostly a rec program and he was at meets by himself. We changed gyms and was so happy and fell in love with the coach and he had a big boys team and a record of helping boys to college and to nationals and he cleaned up my son in all the little things. My son could do skills but it didn't look clean. Well, that coach went to another gym and we followed him to it and we couldn't be happier with where he is now and all the coahing he is getting. We finally feel like he is in the perfect place to get what he needs to go far in this sport. My son also loves having lots of boys around to train with and being on a team.

He skipped level 4 and as been a year younger than the regular ages at the meets but is still thrown in with the older ages. This year he is 9 years and will be competing level 7 so this will happen again. He will also be going to his first future stars competing the 9 yr old routines. He missed the 8 yr old because of all the gym changing. So I am nervous for him and not sure what to expect!

I look forward to talking with others with boys in this sport!

Lil Hawk Mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back