Parents My Susie has started kipping!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kiwi

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
My DD (9 years old and training step 5) has been working on glide kips for the past few months. This week she has finally started to get some of them! :D She is not consistent yet and her arms are still slightly bent but they are proper kips (not horrible muscle-up ones). She has only done a few so far, so I can't really say she has 'got it' yet, but she is now on her way! I decided to do a little brag here, because I know CB members will understand!

Maybe Santa read Dunno's Christmas thread! (http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/womens-artistic-gymnastics-wag/39035-younger-gymnasts.html) ;)

Yay to your Suzie!!!! By the way you are just not in the same league as that crazy gym parents in the video!!! Phew.

Yay to your Suzie!!!! By the way you are just not in the same league as that crazy gym parents in the video!!! Phew.

Haha! I think the coach has been doing a great job with their kips, the whole group is coming along very well with them.

My DD (9 years old and training step 5) has been working on glide kips for the past few months. This week she has finally started to get some of them! :D She is not consistent yet and her arms are still slightly bent but they are proper kips (not horrible muscle-up ones). She has only done a few so far, so I can't really say she has 'got it' yet, but she is now on her way! I decided to do a little brag here, because I know CB members will understand!

Maybe Santa read Dunno's Christmas thread! (http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/womens-artistic-gymnastics-wag/39035-younger-gymnasts.html) ;)

Awesome! Congratulations! That is a big deal! :)

That's awesome!! I never realized how difficult a kip was until DD's coach started introducing the skill. She's nowhere near getting it, but she can't wait to have it. It's such a big step in their development on bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back